Stay Updated: Get Updates For HCV New Drugs Delivered By Email
HCV In The News
Hepatitis C New Drug Research And Liver Health
RSS Feed: Website Updates
Sovaldi (Sofosbuvir) Is Now FDA Approved
Hepatitis C- Gilead's Sovaldi (Sofosbuvir) Is Now FDA Approved
Gilead’s Sovaldi™ (Sofosbuvir)
U.S. Patient Assistance Program Gilead is committed to ensuring that people with hepatitis C can access Sovaldi and has launched Support Path™ (www.MySupportPath.com) to provide assistance to patients who are uninsured, underinsured or who need financial assistance to pay for the medicine
Gilead said Friday it would price the drug at $84,000 for one 12-week supply. Patients with a less common subtype of the disease may need to take the drug for 24 weeks, raising the cost to $168,000 for one course of treatment. Drugs already on the market run between $25,000 and $50,000 for a course of treatment.
U.S. Patient Assistance Program
Gilead is committed to ensuring that people with hepatitis C can access Sovaldi and has launched Support Path™ (www.MySupportPath.com) to provide assistance to patients who are uninsured, underinsured or who need financial assistance to pay for the medicine. - See more at: http://hepatitiscnewdrugresearch.com/index.html#sthash.xblNW8ba.dpuf
Sofosbuvir for Hepatitis C: Simpler, Shorter, Safer?
Prescribing and patient information, FDA articles, videos and important updates
Simeprevir Approved In The United States
OLYSIO™ (simeprevir) Receives FDA Approval for Combination Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C
Johnson & Johnson's protease inhibitor OLYSIO (Simeprevir) is approved for the treatment of HCV genotype 1, in combination with peginterferon alfa and ribavirin in adults with compensated liver disease, including cirrhosis, who are treatment-naïve or who have failed previous interferon therapy (pegylated or non‑pegylated) with ribavirin.
Simeprevir was approved in Japan this past September , and in Canada on November 20th.
*Updated December 5
HCV Drug Olysio (simeprevir) - The New Kid On The Block
OLYSIO (Simeprevir) Cost? - Janssen has priced Olysio at a wholesale acquisition price of $22,120 per bottle of 28 capsules (150 mg capsules), which is an approximately one-month supply. That's roughly $66,360 for a three-month course.
Lessons Learned - An important lesson we learned from these drugs may serve as a reminder for future DDAs, that is, once telaprevir and boceprevir were used in larger groups of patients, or in "real-life" settings - outside clinical trials, new response rates and adverse effects began to emerge.
Simeprevir drug–drug interactions - Simeprevir has a list of medications that can cause drug–drug interactions Other medications can interfere with the way DDAs are metabolized. The drug–drug interactions can either increase drug concentrations which may cause toxicity and lead to side effects, or decrease drug concentrations leading to a loss of efficacy.
Off Label Use - Simeprevir and Sofosbuvir? - Paul Sax, Editor-in-Chief at NEJM Journal Watch wrote an article this past summer on the possibility of combining simeprevir and sofosbuvir with or without ribavirin, to create an off label interferon-free regimen....
J & J Patient Financial Assistance Program
Important Safety Information
OLYSIO (simeprevir) - Resistant Variant Q80K polymorphism
Olysio-simeprevir/Dosing & Uses, Drug Interactions, Adverse Effects
On November 22nd the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP), the scientific committee of the European Medicines Agency (EMA), supported Sovaldi® (sofosbuvir) for the Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C
The CHMP opinion supports the approval of Sovaldi for the treatment of HCV in combination with other agents. The CHMP's recommendation will now be reviewed by the European Commission, which has the authority to approve medicines for use in the 28 countries of the European Union (EU).
For detailed information please download the FDA review package for sofosbuvir and simeprevir.
FDA Updates For Sofosbuvir
FDA Updates For Simeprevir
Quick Links - Hepatitis C Investigational Drugs
News, Research And Clinical Trials
See **Clinical Trials @ HCV Advocate For Enrollment Information
AbbVie is a new, independent biopharmaceutical company composed of Abbott’s former proprietary
News and Research
ABT-450/r - ABT-267 - ABT-333-non- nucleoside
r = ritonavir
**Clinical Trials @ HCV Advocate-AbbVie
News and Research
**Clinical Trials @ HCV Advocate-Achillion
News and Research
Faldaprevir/ (BI 201335)
**Clinical Trials @ HCV Advocate-Boehringer Ingelheim
News and Research
GS-7977 now Sofosbuvir/BMS-790052 now Daclatasvir,
**Clinical Trials @ HCV Advocate-Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS)
News and Research
GS-0938 and Sofosbuvir
**Clinical Trials @ HCV Advocate-Gilead
News and Research
**Clinical Trials @ HCV Advocate-Idenix
News and Research
**Clinical Trials @ HCV Advocate-Tibotec / Janssen
News and Research
**Clinical Trials @ HCV Advocate-Merck
News and Research
**ClinicalTrials.gov - Danoprevir
News and Research
**ClinicalTrials.gov - Miravirsen
News and Research
**Clinical Trials @ HCV Advocate-Vertex
To learn more about Hepatitis C virus clinical trials or to find out if a study is enrolling patients in your area, please click here.
ClinicalTrials.gov: updated in the last 30 days
- ► 2013 (922)
- ► 2012 (1293)
- June 2011 Webcast;Chronic Viral Hepatitis - Screen...
- Hepatitis C; Effects of interferon on development/...
- Inflammation and Diet: Inflammatory and Anti-Infla...
- Metformin; Preventing diabetes in at-risk patients...
- Risk score for development of HCC: ready for use i...
- Fewer Complications With NAFLD Than Hepatitis C Vi...
- Canadians "wait more than 30 months to access late...
- From Pharmalot;Congress Widens Probe Into The Hepa...
- Stem-cell scientists grapple with clinics;Educatin...
- Predictors of alcohol use on liver function among ...
- More Than Two-Thirds of Surveyed U.S. Clinicians P...
- NEJM;Chronic Hepatitis C Infection-new directly ac...
- Just For Fun; Whats Up With Pruney Fingers?
- Submission of a phase III clinical trial applicati...
- Telaprevir-Incivek; New Hep C drug reduces treatme...
- Hepatitis C News; Treatment GT 2 and 3 and Another...
- Diabetics get blood vessels made from donor cells
- The effects of milk thistle on hepatic fibrosis du...
- Role of living donor liver transplantation in the ...
- Blood safety concerns in the Eastern Mediterranean...
- The Importance of Sleep
- Affordable Care Act Delivers Cheaper Prescription ...
- Hepatitis C ; Clinic battles silent killer
- Will new drugs block hepatitis C virus in its trac...
- Merck looks to early-stage deals to feed pipeline
- Hepatitis C News;Vertex and Merck
- Govt prepares for WHO’s World Hepatitis Day
- Wal-Mart hikes branded diabetes drug prices-study
- Hepatitis-C and its Effects on Liver Transplantati...
- Promising Results of Phase I Diabetes Trial
- FDA Approving Cancer Drugs Faster Than Europe
- Checking up for Hep C and looking after yourself. ...
- Review of liver injury associated with dietary sup...
- Telomerase mutation: A genetic risk factor for cir...
- Hepatitis C Morning News
- Response to antiviral therapy in patients with gen...
- British researchers develop "cure" for Type 2 diab...
- Changes in the Prevalence of the Most Common Cause...
- Nurse Using Her Own Experience to Encourage Organ ...
- Different HCV genotypes originally evolved from ge...
- Coffee Consumption is Associated with Response to ...
- Life expectancy for those with Type 1 diabetes imp...
- 350 million adults have diabetes: Study reveals th...
- Liver Fibrosis Tied to Hep C-Related Vasculitis Pr...
- Mayo Clinic Developing Artificial Pancreas to Ease...
- Retroviral Etiology for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Q...
- Endo Pharmaceuticals recalls 2 lots of painkiller
- Hepatitis C; Telaprevir Making The News
- Modifications; Prescribing Information for PROCRIT...
- From NPR; Boceprevir-Victrelis,Telaprevir-Incivek
- UPMC offers patients transplant options elsewhere
- UPDATE 2-Patent overhaul bill clears U.S. House
- Obesity Cuts Long-Term Survival in Liver Transplan...
- Death Toll from Illicit Narcotics Use Amounts to G...
- Self-propelled endoscope shoots images inside stom...
- TCD scientists make hepatitis C breakthrough
- Too many patients prescribed high-risk drugs, rese...
- Scientists closer to developing treatments that co...
- Dietary Leucine May Fight Prediabetes, Metabolic S...
- To Salt or Not to Salt, That is the Question
- Adjunctive Telaprevir Boosts Response in Chronic H...
- FDA approves six Indian pharma companies for selli...
- With Diabetes, the Hands Aren’t Free
- Hepatitis C Virus Infection Among Adolescents and ...
- Achillion Initiates 12-Wk Dosing in Phase 2 Trial ...
- NEJM study: telaprevir (Incivek) represents breakt...
- Telaprevir (Incivek)- Drug Ups Response Rate in Re...
- Angioplasty May Be Feasible for Liver Transplantat...
- Anemia and Virological Response in HCV/HIV Coinfec...
- Cocaine-Related Heart Damage May Be 'Silent'
- Gold nanoparticles help earlier diagnosis of liver...
- Study reveals possible association between HCV, HB...
- TMC649128 enters Phase Ib Trial in Patients Chroni...
- New combination of drugs offers hope for hepatitis...
- Study shows link between hepatitis C and prostate ...
- Decision-Making Processes Blunted in Chronic Marij...
- 7 Skills You Need To Develop To Manage Your Diabet...
- The natural history of nonalcoholic fatty liver di...
- Diabetes Risk Rises as Statin Dose Increases
- To Fix Diabetic Nerve Damage, Blood Vessels and Su...
- 3D liver may shed light on effects of chemicals in...
- Gregg Allman Joins Merck and American Liver Founda...
- Hepatitis study hits upon clue
- Causes of Death Among People with Hepatitis B and ...
- Blood-Borne Infections in Emergency Medicine
- Hows It Done? Video Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR...
- FDA Unveils New Global Strategy to Help Ensure Saf...
- AASLD Publishes New Guideline on HCC(liver Cancer)...
- Diet and physical activity influence the risk of a...
- 2011-Vaccination for Hepatitis C Virus
- Monday Hepatitis News;Stereotyping Patients Also V...
- BioPlus 'Pharmacy HepatitisRx Assist For Victrelis...
- Perspective: Recognizing resistance;The new protea...
- HCV genotype-specific correlation with serum marke...
- Health Utilities and Psychometric Quality of Life ...
- Migraines eased after ginger and herb treatment
- Hepatitis Weekend News
- Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC);A common cancer
- Axium is pleased to add VictrelisTM and IncivekTM ...
- Life expectancy slips for females in some parts of...
- NY-Pain Clinic Visitors May Have Received Hepatiti...
- The Hepatitis C Self-management Programme
- Sitges IV Advances the Discussion of Early Access ...
- Starting New Hepatitis C Therapies: What Patients ...
- India:Poor women fall victim to clinical trials
- Chronic hepatitis C doubles the normal risk of dyi...
- Feeding the Child with Liver Disease
- Hepatitis C: Drugmakers set aside rivalries to lif...
- Telaprevir/Incivek Isn't Useful for All HCV Genoty...
- Hepatitis C Morning News June 15th
- Noninvasive liver tests may predict hepatitis C pa...
- Eat your fruits and vegetables!
- In The News; INCIVEK/Telaprevir Hepatitis C Drug "...
- Premature Aging Seen As Issue For AIDS Survivors
- EU in Kosovo says Turk, Israeli trafficked organs
- Local doctor is hopeful for a cure of Hepatitis C
- Physicians divided about which peg-interferon to u...
- Confronting a silent epidemic
- Diabetes Doubles Liver Cancer threat For individua...
- Update June 13;:Feds seek injunction against maker...
- Hepatitis C : Seniors face Medicare cost barrier f...
- Vertex and Ahos Working together to bring two new ...
- Updated; FDA admits weak oversight in tainted wipe...
- Friday HCV News;Telaprevir/Combination DAAs/Shorte...
- Mortality From All Causes Higher Among Hepatitis C...
- General Recommendations for Patients with Advanced...
- Selenium for preventing cancer
- (HCV)-associated liver disease after liver transpl...
- FDA Hepatitis Update; Labeling change for PegIntro...
- Hepatitis C News Updates
- Hepatitis/Fatty Liver Disease ; Biomarkers of Live...
- Atorvastatin and antioxidants reduce steatosis in ...
- FDA says some chicken meat may contain small amoun...
- Red Market ; Global underworld where organs, bones...
- Scientists create humanized mouse model for hepati...
- Berkeley June WELLNESS LETTER-Forbidden Fruit?
- Hepatitis C; IL28B Polymorphisms, IP-10 and Viral ...
- Expansion of the ELECTRON trial of PSI-7977 For He...
- Peginterferon Alfa-2a/PEGASYS Is Superior to Pegin...
- Laparoscopic Liver Surgery Safe for HCC With Cirrh...
- Role of Lifestyle Changes in the Management of Chr...
- Correlation of hepatitis C and prostate cancer, in...
- Sorafenib Superior to Sunitinib in Overall Surviva...
- New Treatments For Hepatitis C; Boceprevir vs Tela...
- "Best Doctors" Survey Is Out For 2011
- Hepatitis C on the rise in Ohio
- Hepatitis C June Newsletters
- Outsourced Clinical Trials; Critics question ethic...
- Gene Therapy Reverses Type 1 Diabetes in Mice
- Hepatitis C Weekend Update; HIV/HCV Scare "Reused ...
- Jules Levin From NATAP/Video - Hepatitis C Aging P...
- Grady Hospital's Liver Clinic: The Faces Of Hepati...
- Newly designed system of identifying molecules for...
- Newly diagnosed cancer patients face hurdles in re...
- FDA Transcripts Telaprevir/Boceprevir April Adviso...
- Europe E.coli outbreak caused by toxic new strain
- Hepatitis C Investigational Drugs; Interferon-free...
- Hepatitis C Investigational Drugs; Interferon-free...
- Sustained virologic response(SVR) reduces risk of ...
- Heavy Coffee Consumption Linked to Better Hep C Tr...
- ECHO Model Treats HCV Infection in Underserved Com...
- Anadys Announces Issuance of U.S. Patent Covering ...
- Diabetics show higher risk of pancreas disease
- Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan-No longer ne...
- NAFLD Rising, Already Accounts for 75% of Chronic ...
- Hepatitis June 1st News; HCV Research, Patients, L...
- ▼ June 2011 (166)
Patient Assistance Program
INCIVEK/Telaprevir and VICTRELIS (Boceprevir) Patient Assistance Programs
Prescribing Information for INCIVEK including the Medication Guide.
VICTRELIS™- Boceprevir: Prescribing Information and Medication Guide
Hepatitis C-New Protease Inhibitor (NS3/4A) Drug Resistance Test
LabCorp has begun offering nationwide its hepatitis C GenoSure NS3/4A assay, which is designed to identify NS3 and NS4A mutations and NS3-associated resistance to a pair of recently approved HCV protease inhibitors.
- (Sofosbuvir) now Sovaldi (1)
- 2012 -168 Pages Of HCV FAQs (1)
- a 2013 Conference ID Week (3)
- A 2013 Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (4)
- A Guide 2011-Management Of HCV (2)
- A Guide 2012-Guideline for Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (1)
- A-2012 EASL-AASLD Special Conference (2)
- A-2012 Update on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Hepatitis C (1)
- A-2012-New guidelines on the management of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). (1)
- A-Current status and future directions in the management of chronic hepatitis C (1)
- a-DDW 2011 Meeting (11)
- a-DDW 2012 meeting (21)
- a-DDW 2013 meeting (23)
- A-EASL 2011 Summary (1)
- A-EASL 2012 (79)
- A-EASL 2012 - Guidelines on the Management of Chronic Hepatitis B (1)
- A-EASL 2012 Index (1)
- A-EASL 2012 Internet Symposium (2)
- A-EASL 2012 Summary Of The Meeting (1)
- a-EASL 2013 (51)
- A-EASL 2013 Summary Of The Meeting (1)
- a-EASL 2013-abstract search (1)
- A-List Of Unnecessary Medical Tests (1)
- A-New targets for antiviral therapy (100)
- AASLD 2011 updated hepatitis C practice guidelines (2)
- AASLD 2012-63rd Annual Meeting (73)
- AASLD 2012-STC (1)
- AASLD 2013 (46)
- AASLD 2013 Summary-Symposium (2)
- AASLD Nov 2011 (60)
- AASLD Nov 2011-Pocasts-Videos-Webcasts (2)
- AASLD Nov 2011-Summary (1)
- AASLD Oct2010 (80)
- AASLD Oct2010-summary (1)
- ABT-267 (13)
- ABT-333-non- nucleoside (13)
- ABT-450 (11)
- ABT-450/r (25)
- ABT-450/r and ABT-072 (4)
- ABT-450/r plus ABT-333 (10)
- ABT-450/R/ ABT-267/ABT-333/ribavirin (5)
- Acetaminophen Safety (9)
- ACH-1625 (15)
- ACH-2684 (5)
- ACH-2928 (2)
- ACH-3102 (9)
- acute HCV (4)
- addiction (21)
- Adherence to therapy (13)
- alcohol consumption (17)
- alisporivir (4)
- ALS-2200 (3)
- ALS-2200 (VX-135) (13)
- ALS-2200 and ALS-2158 (3)
- ALS2158 (1)
- ANA598 (5)
- ANA598-setrobuvir (2)
- ANA773 (1)
- ANA958 (1)
- anemia (9)
- antidepressants (5)
- arthritis (5)
- ascites (9)
- Asunaprevir (4)
- autoimmune hepatitis (1)
- Avila Therapeutics™ (1)
- AVL-192 (2)
- bath salts-spice (14)
- Bavituximab (5)
- BCX5191 (2)
- Behind the Headlines (10)
- Behind the Headlines-Vaccine (1)
- Best Hospitals (5)
- BI 201335 and BI 207127 (10)
- BI 207127 (7)
- BILB 1941 (1)
- Bioartificial Liver (3)
- biological "devices" to program cells (1)
- Biopump (1)
- BioScience (2)
- biosimilars (6)
- BIT225 (2)
- BL-8020 (2)
- blood safety (3)
- blood scandal (3)
- bms-650032 (6)
- BMS-650032 (Asunaprevir) BMS-790052 (Daclatasvir) (10)
- BMS-650032 and BMS-790052 (5)
- bms-790052 (18)
- bms-790052-declatasvir (10)
- BMS-986094-INX 189 halted (8)
- BMS-986094-INX 189 on hold (7)
- boceprevir (98)
- Boceprevir FDA Transcript (1)
- boceprevir patient guide (1)
- boceprevir-drug assistance program (3)
- boceprevir-Medication Guide-Prescribing Info (1)
- boceprevir-victrelis (194)
- boceprevir-victrelis-Cost (1)
- boceprevir-victrelis-mericitabine w-SOC (1)
- Bowel (1)
- Brain (7)
- Caleco Pharma (1)
- Canada (3)
- cancer (15)
- cancerous growths gallbladder and/or the bile duct (1)
- CDC (5)
- CDC- World Hepatitis Day 2011 (1)
- CDC- World Hepatitis Day 2012 (4)
- CDC- World Hepatitis Day 2013 (2)
- children treating HCV (15)
- chronic disease (2)
- chronic fatigue (16)
- chronic liver failure (2)
- chronic pain (3)
- cirrhosis (190)
- cirrhosis-complications (13)
- cirrhosis-Vibrio vulnificus-raw oysters (2)
- clinical trials (128)
- clinical trials-Pro-Con (4)
- coffee (31)
- Colloidal silver (2)
- colonoscopy (2)
- compensated cirrhosis (11)
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine (30)
- Counterfeit drugs (8)
- covalent inhibitor (2)
- Creating Functional Hepatic Tissue (1)
- Cryoglobulinemia (5)
- CTS-1027 (5)
- Cyclophilin Inhibitors (1)
- Daclatasvir (9)
- daclatasvir-peg/riba (4)
- Daclatasvir/Asunaprevir (7)
- daclatasvir/asunaprevir/BMS-791325 (5)
- Daily Consensus Interferon (1)
- Danoprevir (17)
- Danoprevir/Mericitabine (3)
- DEB025 (2)
- DEB025- alisporivir (4)
- decompensated cirrhosis (18)
- Dental (4)
- Depression (17)
- diabetes (106)
- diabetes-insulin resistance (8)
- Digestion (2)
- Direct-acting Antivirals (11)
- disease progression (13)
- donation (16)
- drug alerts (1)
- Drug Assistance Programs (5)
- Drug Resistance Test (1)
- drug shortages (1)
- dry eye (3)
- dyspepsia (1)
- EASL (59)
- Economic Burden HCV (2)
- ELAD® Bioartificial Liver (1)
- encephalopathy (28)
- endoscopy (1)
- Epidemic HCV (10)
- Epogen (4)
- ESLD (1)
- faldaprevir (20)
- faldaprevir w-PPI-668/deleobuvir(BI207127) (3)
- faldaprevir/ (BI 201335) (24)
- faldaprevir/BI 207127 (2)
- faldaprevir/DELEOBUVIR (4)
- fatigue (8)
- Fatigue-Cognitive Function-Sleep Quality (3)
- Fatty Liver (126)
- Fatty Liver-RP103 (1)
- FDA (83)
- fibromyalgia (9)
- Fluvastatin (3)
- Foodborne illness (18)
- G7128 (1)
- gallbladder (1)
- gallstones (10)
- gastritis (1)
- Gastroenterologist (2)
- geno1 (104)
- geno2 (57)
- geno3 (65)
- geno4 (32)
- geno5 (6)
- geno6 (11)
- genotype test (1)
- genotypes;All (14)
- green tea (2)
- GS-0938 and Sofosbuvir (1)
- GS-5885 (4)
- GS-7977 now Sofosbuvir (124)
- GS-7977 now Sofosbuvir and simeprevir (TMC435) (8)
- GS-7977 now sofosbuvir / GS-5885 now ledipasvir (20)
- GS-7977 now Sofosbuvir off label use (1)
- GS-7977 now Sofosbuvir Plus Riba (3)
- GS-7977 now Sofosbuvir-FDA Review (11)
- GS-7977 now Sofosbuvir/BMS-790052 now Daclatasvir (11)
- GS-7977 Plus Peg/Riba (3)
- GS-9190 (7)
- GS-9256 (6)
- GS-9451 (2)
- GSK2336805 (4)
- Gut Bacteria (1)
- H pylori (1)
- HALL OF SHAME (44)
- HALT-C (8)
- hav (8)
- hav vaccine (2)
- hbv (113)
- hbv vaccine (4)
- HCV Australia (7)
- hcv abstracts (236)
- HCV agents/drug interactions (1)
- HCV Awareness (84)
- HCV Awareness-screening strategies (36)
- HCV Baby Boomers (41)
- HCV cardiovascular disease (1)
- HCV diet (8)
- HCV Forum (1)
- HCV generics (1)
- HCV hypertension (1)
- HCV natural compounds (1)
- HCV neurocognitive function (1)
- HCV News (1705)
- HCV News-monthly rewind (1)
- HCV News-weekly rewind (20)
- HCV pregnancy (9)
- HCV Protease Inhibitors in Active Drug Users (1)
- HCV replication (3)
- HCV research (97)
- HCV Self-management (1)
- HCV symptoms (3)
- HCV tests (25)
- HCV tests-endoscope (1)
- HCV transmission FAQ (1)
- HCV Vaccine (26)
- HCV vaccine GI-5005 (7)
- HCV Vaccine-TG4040 (MVA-HCV) (2)
- HCV Worldwide (35)
- HCV Worldwide Asia Australia Egypt (2)
- HCV Worldwide-Egypt (1)
- HCV Worldwide-Europe Canada Israel (1)
- HCV Your Health (3)
- HCV-autoimmune diseases (1)
- HCV-Breast Cancer (1)
- HCV-Breast Cancer Risk (1)
- HCV-Editorial (12)
- HCV-Education (76)
- HCV-elderly (5)
- HCV-Insulin resistance (13)
- HCV-Statins (8)
- HCV-TARGET (1)
- HCV/HBV/HIV special populations (1)
- Health Reform (3)
- Health Reform-Insurance (4)
- Healthy you (47)
- hemochromatosis (1)
- HepaFat™ (1)
- Hepatitis-related Renal Disease (1)
- hepatocyte cell transplantation (1)
- hepatologist (2)
- hepatoSys Virtual Liver Network (1)
- herb (36)
- herb-kava (2)
- HEV (4)
- History of HCV (4)
- HIV (120)
- HIV-children (3)
- hiv/hbv-coinfection (1)
- HIV/HCV (80)
- hot topic (9)
- HTAs-host-targeting agents (1)
- human genome (6)
- human interferon alpha lozenges (2)
- Idenix Reports Positive Interim Data for Hepatitis C Drug (1)
- IDX184 (21)
- IDX184-Discontinued (1)
- IDX19368-Discontinued (1)
- IDX19368-hold (2)
- IDX20963/FDA Request More Data (2)
- IDX719 (9)
- if I had.. (9)
- IFNL 4 (1)
- IL-7(CYT 107) (1)
- IL28B (64)
- IL28B Test (2)
- immune system (10)
- IMO-2125 (6)
- Inflammation (3)
- Inflammation Liver (2)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (1)
- INFRADURE Biopump (1)
- Inspirational (28)
- Insurance (1)
- Insurance medicare (1)
- interferon (5)
- Interferon Free Combinations (151)
- Interferon lambdas (1)
- Investment News HCV Drugs (22)
- INX 189 (13)
- IP-10 (1)
- ITX-5061 (1)
- IV drug use (1)
- Joint pain (1)
- Just for fun (5)
- JX594/TG6006 (2)
- Lambda (7)
- ledipasvir (GS-5885) (5)
- Lichen Planus (5)
- List Peer-Reviewed Journals (2)
- Liver Abscess (2)
- liver biopsy (14)
- liver biopsy-necessary in all genotypes? (1)
- liver cancer (260)
- Liver cancer CF102 (2)
- Liver Cancer Treatment (77)
- liver cancer treatment-radiofrequency ablation (RFA) (2)
- Liver Cancer-HEAT Study of ThermoDox(R) (3)
- liver cancer-MCT-465 and MCT-485 (1)
- liver cancer/sorafenib (4)
- Liver Cysts (1)
- liver disease (26)
- Liver Fibrosis (114)
- liver function tests (13)
- liver health (82)
- Liver Injury Dietary Supplements (11)
- Liver Injury-Shark liver oil (1)
- Liver Pain (6)
- liver surgery (3)
- liver/anatomy (1)
- Locteron/interferon (3)
- lymphoma (3)
- M11-602 (1)
- marijuana (30)
- marijuana-based prescription drug (1)
- MBX-700 and MBX-701 (formerly SCH 900942 and SCH 900188) (1)
- Mediterranean diet (2)
- Men and HCV (4)
- microspheres (3)
- Milk thistle (24)
- Miracle Mineral Solution-MMS (1)
- Miravirsen (9)
- miRNAs (1)
- MK-5172 (15)
- MK-5172/peg/riba (1)
- MK-5172/Vaniprevir(MK-7009) (1)
- MK-7009 (4)
- MK-8742 (4)
- monoclonal antibody GS-6624 (1)
- Morbidity-SVR (7)
- Mortality (16)
- nanoparticles (3)
- Nanotechnology (3)
- Natural leukocyte interferon alpha (Alfaferone) (1)
- Neutropenia HCV Treatment (5)
- new drugs (5)
- new hcv drugs (55)
- newly diagnosed (10)
- newsletters (53)
- Nitazoxanide (2)
- noni juice (1)
- noninvasive tests for fibrosis (42)
- nonresponders (9)
- NS5A inhibitor (2)
- NSAID (7)
- nucleoside inhibitors (1)
- null responders (10)
- occult hepatitis C virus infection (1)
- Off Topic (34)
- online pharmacy (1)
- Oral interferon (1)
- organ harvesting (11)
- organ trafficking (5)
- organ trafficking- U.S (1)
- organ-imported tainted tissue (1)
- Origin Of Hepatitis (2)
- Other Conditions Related To HCV (51)
- Other Conditions Related To HCV-Vasculitis (5)
- Other Health News (121)
- OTHER INFECTIOUS DISEASE (20)
- outsourcing clinical trials (3)
- outsourcing drugs (7)
- partial responders (3)
- Pediatric liver disease (3)
- Pegasys (10)
- Peginterferon (77)
- PegIntron (4)
- Peripheral Neuropathy (2)
- PF-05095808 (1)
- Pharmaceuticals (146)
- Pink eye-Sty-and other eye conditions (1)
- platelets (4)
- polymerase inhibitor (16)
- Porphyria Cutanea Tarda (PCT) (2)
- Post Treatment Symptoms (1)
- PPI-383 (1)
- PPI-461 (3)
- PPI-668 (3)
- primary biliary cirrhosis (PBS) (1)
- probiotics (2)
- procrit (4)
- prognostic test:response to therapy (1)
- promacta (1)
- prostate cancer (1)
- protease inhibitor (33)
- protease inhibitor- (NS3/4A) Drug Resistance Test (2)
- PSI-7977 (24)
- PSI-7977 and PSI-938 (1)
- PSI-7977-TMC435 (3)
- PSI-7977/ Daclatasvir-(BMS-790052) (1)
- PSI-938 (6)
- PSI-938-Halted (1)
- Pulmonary fibrosis (1)
- Q80K polymorphism (1)
- Quackery (10)
- Questions About HCV (4)
- rash (10)
- recall (25)
- regeneration (6)
- regenerative Medicine (17)
- relapse (8)
- resistance to protease inhibitors (17)
- response-guided therapy (4)
- RG7128 (9)
- ribavirin (27)
- Ritonavir (1)
- rituximab (2)
- salt (5)
- SB 9200 (1)
- scientists grow human livers in laboratory (7)
- SCY-635 (5)
- SCY-641 (1)
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine (10)
- selenium (2)
- setrobuvir (1)
- side effects (71)
- side effects-direct-acting antivirals (19)
- side effects-eyes (8)
- side effects-telaprevir (4)
- silibinin (4)
- silymarin (4)
- Simeprevir (42)
- Simeprevir now Olysio (11)
- Simeprevir now Olysio FDA Approved (5)
- Simeprevir off label use (1)
- Simeprevir/Samatasvir (IDX719) (1)
- Simeprevir/TMC647055/ Samatasvir (IDX719 (1)
- SIR-Spheres microspheres (3)
- Small fiber neuropathy (2)
- sofosbuvir and ABT-450 (1)
- Sorafenib (6)
- sovaprevir (6)
- Sovaprevir (Formerly ACH-1625) (7)
- Sovaprevir/ACH-3102 (2)
- sphincter of Oddi (3)
- spleen (6)
- SPONTANEOUS CLEARANCE (13)
- Standardization of Terminology of Virological Response (1)
- Starting HCV Treatment (75)
- STAT-C (3)
- stem cell lawsuit (2)
- stem cell tourism (7)
- stem cell-diabetes (1)
- stem cells (82)
- stem cells-pluripotent (2)
- stem-cell-derived liver tissue model (1)
- stigma (1)
- supplements (22)
- support (48)
- support-hotline (5)
- Surgery in liver disease (3)
- svr (81)
- svr durability (4)
- svr-pitavastatin (Livalo) (1)
- svr-rapid response (1)
- SVR24-SVR12-SVR4 (9)
- Tattoos (2)
- telaprevir (125)
- Telaprevir FDA Transcript (1)
- telaprevir medication guide (1)
- telaprevir patient assistance (3)
- telaprevir prescribing information (1)
- telaprevir with VX-222 (20)
- telaprevir-incivek (235)
- telaprevir-incivek-Cost (3)
- Tenofovir (2)
- Terry's nails (1)
- TG4040 (2)
- Thalidomide (1)
- The natural history of hepatitis C (3)
- TheraSphere (2)
- Thrombocytopenia (4)
- Thrombocytopenia-Promacta (1)
- thrombosis (3)
- thyroid (11)
- Timeline Hepatiits (1)
- Timeline Hepatitis (1)
- TMC435 (26)
- TMC435 (Simeprevir) (36)
- TMC435-BMS-790052 (3)
- TMC647055 (3)
- TMC647055 and IDX719 (1)
- TMC649128 (4)
- toxicity (28)
- transmission (72)
- Transmission clinical setting (93)
- Transmission clinical setting-Government Report 2012 (1)
- Transmission of HCV Through Transplanted Organs (2)
- transmission-needlestick (3)
- transplant (182)
- transplant tourism (7)
- Transplant- Telaprevir/Boceprevir (3)
- transplant-certican (1)
- Transplant-GS-7977 now Sofosbuvir (1)
- transplant-MELD (8)
- Triad Prep Pads (16)
- TT-034 (1)
- tylenol (17)
- upper abdominal pain (2)
- varices (14)
- video (269)
- viral load (11)
- Virtual Liver (1)
- virus research (3)
- vitamin A (6)
- vitamin B12 (3)
- vitamin D (40)
- vitamin E (7)
- Vitamin E-TE/TCP supplements (1)
- vitamin k (1)
- vitamins (11)
- weekend reading (53)
- wellness (52)
- women (13)
- Xifaxan (1)
- XIX International AIDS Conference (4)
- zalbin (1)
- zinc (2)
Click here to order a FREE Home Access Hepatitis C Test Kit
How Soon Should I Get Tested After Exposure ?
After the exposure (especially if the blood exposure involved another person known to have the hepatitis C virus), it is recommended that testing for the hepatitis C antibody be performed at 4 to 6 months after the exposure OR that testing for the hepatitis C virus itself (a test often called an HCV PCR or hepatitis C viral load test) be performed 4 to 6 weeks after the potential exposure. These tests are done to determine whether or not hepatitis C infection has occurred as a result of the exposure.;
FAIR USE NOTICE:
If this site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner, it is being made available in an effort to advance the understanding of the ethics dealing with medical practice, medical care, new drug research, drug trials, science and scientific research, human rights, social justice and, in addition, the law and politics which cover these areas. It is believed that this use constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed to visitors of this “HCV New Drugs Blog” without profit to the blog or to those who by visiting this blog have expressed interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. The material in this site is provided for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended to be a substitute for a health care provider's consultation. Please consult your own appropriate health care provider about the applicability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your own symptoms or medical conditions. The information on this site does not constitute legal or technical advice
- New HCV Drugs
- Keeping current on the potential arrival of new improved hepatitis C drugs. As once a hepatitis C patient myself (I successfully treated the virus with standard HCV therapy in 2000) I understand the difficult decisions and overwhelming fear that ensues after being diagnosed with this serious and life-changing disease. This blog serves as a starting point for information on the rapidly evolving number of new agents in development to treat hepatitis C. Tina