Get Updates For HCV New Drugs Delivered By Email
Check Out The Website
Hepatitis C New Drug Research And Liver Health
RSS Feed; Website Updates
HCV In The News
DDW 2013 - May 18-21, 2013 - Orlando, FL
Digestive Disease Week - The conference will showcase the latest advances in GI research, medicine and technology in the fields of gastroenterology, hepatology, endoscopy and gastrointestinal surgery
Hot Topics - May 2013
If the past is a harbinger of the future, therapy for HCV infection will probably continue to advance at a brisk pace. Many additional potent agents are in the clinical pipeline, and interferon-free regimens are likely to dominate the HCV therapeutic landscape within the next 5 years.....
At this year's EASL in Amsterdam with over 9600 delegates the phase III study results for the two "second wave HCV protease inhibitors" faldaprevir and simeprevir each in combination with pegylated interferon (PEG-IFN) and ribavirin (RBV) for HCV genotype 1 patients were presented as well as the phase III findings for the polymerase inhibitor sofosbuvir again in combination with PEG-IFN/RBV for treatment of genotypes 1,4,5 and 6. In addition phase III results of the first interferon free combination of sofosbuvir with ribavirin for treatment of genotype 2 and 3 were presented....
Care for hepatitis C is evolving rapidly, with increasingly effective and better-tolerated antiviral therapies being evaluated and approved for use. It's clear, however, that not everyone who would qualify for therapy has been tested and identified, referred for appropriate care, and offered or given the best therapy available. Furthermore, currently used antiviral drugs - pegylated interferon and ribavirin "base" plus either telaprevir or boceprevir - can cost more than $70,000 for a full course of therapy. It is expected that the new oral antiviral agents will be just as expensive, at least in the short term.
Hepatitis C Therapy Update 2013-What About Interferon-free Regimens?
U.S. FDA grants priority review to Simeprevir (TMC435) for combination treatment of genotype 1 chronic hepatitis C
AbbVie's ABT-450- Breakthrough Therapy Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration Granted to Investigational HCV Regimen
Gilead Sofosbuvir and ledipasvir: Plans to initiate a third Phase 3 clinical trial with and without ribavirin
Cost will limit uptake of off-label Gilead/Bristol-Myers Squibb Hep C combo, despite best-in-class data
ViewPoints: New Hep C data validates Gilead's solo approach
Gilead Submits New Drug Application to U.S. FDA for Sofosbuvir (GS-7977) for the Treatment of Hepatitis C-- Sofosbuvir Would Form Basis of First All-Oral Regimen for HCV Genotype 2 and 3 Patients, and Interferon-Sparing Regimen for Genotype 1 Patients --
Anemia Top Side Effect of HCV Antivirals
Hepatitis C Virus Infection: Looking for Interferon Free Regimens
Review: NS5A Inhibitors in the Treatment of Hepatitis
VX-135/daclatasvir: Vertex signs agreement with Bristol-Myers for all-oral midstage studies for hepatitis C treatments
Simeprevir (TMC435) - Janssen Submits New Drug Application to U.S. FDA
Miravirsen- Hepatitis C drug goes after patients’ RNA
Update on Phase 3 Study of Oral Fixed-Dose Combination of Sofosbuvir and Ledipasvir for Genotype 1 Hepatitis C Patients
Hepatitis C - Presidio Collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim for interferon-free Phase IIa clinical trial
Gilead hepatitis C drug sofosbuvir (GS-7977) meets goal of fourth late-stage study
EASL-Burden of Liver Disease in Europe: Looks at leading causes of cirrhosis and primary liver cancer in Europe
Gilead Announces SVR Rates from Two Phase 3 Studies of Sofosbuvir (GS-7977) for Hepatitis C
Potential IFN-Free Regimens For HCV
IDX184 and IDX19368 - Idenix drops development of hepatitis C drugs
Interferon free regimens for the “difficult to treat”: are we there?
Current Prospects for Interferon-free Treatment of Hepatitis C in 2012
Numerous other DAAs are in clinical development, and phases 2 and 3 trials are evaluating interferon-free combination DAA therapy. Interferon-free sustained virologic responses have now been achieved with combinations of asunaprevir and daclatasvir; sofosbuvir and ribavirin; sofosbuvir and daclatasvir; faldaprevir and BI207127; ABT-450, ritonovir and ABT-333; ABT-450, ritonovir and ABT-072; miracitabine, danoprevir and ritonavir; and alisporivir and ribavirin. Some drugs are genotype-specific in their activity, whereas others are pan-genotypic, and differential responses for the genotype 1 subtypes 1a and 1b have emerged with many DAA combinations. Viral breakthrough and resistance are important considerations for future trial design. The prospect of interferon-free combination DAA therapy for hepatitis C virus is now finally becoming a reality.
2013-Guide to Clinical Trials for People with Hepatitis C
Bristol-Myers to Hold Talks On Settling Claims of Hepatitis C Patients
Treat Now or Wait?
The debate rather to treat HCV now or wait is ongoing, in the journal "Liver International" factors which affect the decision to treat now or delay therapy are discussed. You can view the article here: Patients with HCV and F1 and F2 fibrosis: treat now or wait?
Lucinda K. Porter, RN Shares A Personal Experience: Starting 12 weeks of sofosbuvir, GS-5885, and ribavirin
Coming in September 2013
A second book authored by Lucinda K. Porter, RN: Hepatitis C Treatment One Step at a Time: Inspirational Readings and Practical Tips for Successful Hepatitis C Treatment
FREE FROM HEPATITIS C
Clinical Trial Updates
ClinicalTrials.gov: updated in the last 30 days
HCV PipelineHCV Advocate - News & Pipeline Blog
Chronic Hepatitis C Infection: Treat Now or Wait?
INCIVEK® (telaprevir)-Updates label after reports of a ‘small number of fatal skin reactions’
Vertex discloses Hep C drug deaths
HCV Transplant Studies GS-7977 Also Telaprevir & Boceprevir
Perspectives and challenges of interferon-free therapy for chronic hepatitis C
Hepatitis C–What Are Your Treatment Choices: New Webinar
Setbacks in HCV Drug Development Highlight Uncertainties in Treat or Wait Decisions
So You Think You’re a Hepatitis C Expert
Back in July Clinical Care Options released part one of a three part online quiz containing 35 questions on hepatitis C, answered by nine world-renowned hepatology experts. In October CCO released part two of the series which included case scenarios from 11 leading international experts on hepatitis C, and today part three was released!
Idenix: FDA Places IDX19368 Hepatitis C Treatment on Clinical Hold
IDX184-Idenix hepatitis C drug put on partial hold
BMS halts the development of BMS-986094 due to patient death
BMS-986094-Bristol-Myers Sued Over Heart Damage In Hepatitis C Drug Trial
The International Liver Congress 2013 of the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL), will take place April 24 to 28 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
EASL Website - Press Room
EASL Abstract Search
Click here for a downloadable PDF version of the Abstract Book.
Tips For Viewing Hepatitis C Abstracts
Download now the ILC 2013 congress app and have full access to the scientific programme, posters, abstracts, floorplans and more!
EASL: Direct-acting antivirals now ready for prime time with promising alternatives on the way
AbbVie is a new, independent biopharmaceutical company composed of Abbott’s former proprietary pharmaceutical business
ABT-267, ABT-333-non- nucleoside, ABT-450/r
r = ritonavir
Faldaprevir/ (BI 201335)
MK-5172 and Daclatasvir
MK-5172 and Daclatasvir-Merck Enters Agreement with Bristol-Myers Squibb to Conduct a Phase II Clinical Trial
CCO's independent conference coverage
An update on treatment of genotype 1 chronic hepatitis C virus infection: 2011 practice guideline by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Long-term management of the successful adult liver transplant: 2012 practice guideline by the -AASLD
VA guidelines for management and treatment of HCV, published in the American Journal of Gastroenterology
UK consensus guidelines for the use of the protease inhibitors boceprevir and telaprevir in genotype 1 chronic hepatitis C infected patients
Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)
New Clinical Practice Guideline Developed for Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
2012-New guidelines on the management of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
These guidelines result from a joint collaboration between the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) and the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC).
EASL-April 2012 Revised Clinical Practice Guidelines on the Management of Chronic Hepatitis B
HCV Information and Educational Resources
Clinical Liver Disease -Digital Liver Disease Journal
This journal is an official digital educational resource from the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases.
Visitors are able to view videos, full data, and download files in either HTML or PDF formats
View all issues here.
Projects In Knowledge
Offered at the site is a program series of HCV Video Case Vignettes. In the videos individual patient case studies are discussed, topics include side effects, drug-drug interactions, treatment duration, and outcome.
AASLD - Liver Learning
If you haven't yet explored the "Liver Learning" section available @ the AASLD web site you're missing out on the November meeting webcasts, video podcasts, abstracts and more.
Other HCV Sites:
These links will take you to the premier Hepatitis C sites and keep you informed with breaking news, clinical studies, new drugs, podcasts, newsletters, support, personal experiences, chat rooms, forums and more.
2012 Articles Of Interest
2012-New Antiviral Agents for Hepatitis C
This article describes the direct acting antivirals and host-targeted agents that have recently been approved or have been tested in HCV-infected patients and discusses their two current paths of clinical development: with or without interferon-α.
Standardization of Terminology of Virological Response in the Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C
Protease inhibitors: Silver bullets for chronic hepatitis C infection?
Recent trials evaluated the safety and efficacy of two protease inhibitors, boceprevir (Victrelis) and telaprevir (Incivek), added to standard care with pegylated interferon and ribavirin, in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. These drugs open the door for triple therapy and other new therapies involving combinations of other direct-acting antiviral agents to become the new standard of care for this population.
Treatment of chronic hepatitis C genotype 1 with triple therapy comprising telaprevir or boceprevir
A significant increase in the number of patients with CHC to be treated is expected for 2012, with triple therapy regimens that are more complex. These expected developments represent a significant challenge and will stretch current resources.
The present Swiss Association for the Study of the Liver (SASL) expert opinion statement is not intended as guideline but shall provide some guidance on the management of CHC genotype 1 and the use of TPV and BOC
If you have just been diagnosed with hepatitis C or considering HCV therapy click here for easy to understand information.
Patient Assistance Program
INCIVEK/Telaprevir and VICTRELIS (Boceprevir) Patient Assistance Programs
Prescribing Information for INCIVEK including the Medication Guide.
VICTRELIS™- Boceprevir: Prescribing Information and Medication Guide
Hepatitis C-New Protease Inhibitor (NS3/4A) Drug Resistance Test
LabCorp has begun offering nationwide its hepatitis C GenoSure NS3/4A assay, which is designed to identify NS3 and NS4A mutations and NS3-associated resistance to a pair of recently approved HCV protease inhibitors.
- (PPI-668) w-Faldaprevir (BI201335) and BI207127 (1)
- 2012 -168 Pages Of HCV FAQs (1)
- A 2013 Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (4)
- A Guide 2011-Management Of HCV (2)
- A Guide 2012-Guideline for Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (1)
- A-2012 EASL-AASLD Special Conference (2)
- A-2012 Update on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Hepatitis C (1)
- A-2012-New guidelines on the management of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). (1)
- A-Current status and future directions in the management of chronic hepatitis C (1)
- a-DDW 2011 Meeting (11)
- a-DDW 2012 meeting (21)
- a-DDW 2013 meeting (16)
- A-EASL 2011 Summary (1)
- A-EASL 2012 (79)
- A-EASL 2012 - Guidelines on the Management of Chronic Hepatitis B (1)
- A-EASL 2012 Index (1)
- A-EASL 2012 Internet Symposium (2)
- A-EASL 2012 Summary Of The Meeting (1)
- a-EASL 2013 (50)
- A-EASL 2013 Summary Of The Meeting (1)
- a-EASL 2013-abstract search (1)
- A-New targets for antiviral therapy (82)
- A-Patients who will remain untreated in the era of triple therapy (1)
- AASLD 2011 updated hepatitis C practice guidelines (2)
- AASLD 2012-63rd Annual Meeting (73)
- AASLD 2012-STC (1)
- AASLD Nov 2011 (60)
- AASLD Nov 2011-Pocasts-Videos-Webcasts (2)
- AASLD Nov 2011-Summary (1)
- AASLD Oct2010 (80)
- AASLD Oct2010-summary (1)
- ABT-267 (9)
- ABT-333-non- nucleoside (10)
- ABT-450 (9)
- ABT-450/r (19)
- ABT-450/r and ABT-072 (4)
- ABT-450/r plus ABT-333 (8)
- Acai Berry Scam (1)
- acetaminophen (2)
- ACH-1625 (15)
- ACH-2684 (5)
- ACH-2928 (2)
- ACH-3102 (9)
- ACLF (1)
- acupuncture (2)
- acute HCV (4)
- acute HCV-when to begin therapy (1)
- acute liver failure (1)
- addiction (14)
- Adherence to therapy (12)
- ADI-PEG 20 (1)
- AIDS (2)
- alcohol consumption (12)
- alisporivir (4)
- alpha-fetoprotein (1)
- ALS-2200 (3)
- ALS-2200 (VX-135) (11)
- ALS-2200 and ALS-2158 (3)
- ALS2158 (1)
- amazing sunday (1)
- ANA598 (5)
- ANA598-setrobuvir (2)
- ANA773 (1)
- ANA958 (1)
- anemia (7)
- antidepressants (4)
- antioxidants (1)
- arthritis (4)
- ascites (9)
- asthma (1)
- Asunaprevir (1)
- autoimmune hepatitis (1)
- Avila Therapeutics™ (1)
- AVL-192 (2)
- bath salts-spice (12)
- Bavituximab (5)
- BCX5191 (2)
- BCX5191-withdrawn (1)
- Behind the Headlines (8)
- Behind the Headlines-Vaccine (1)
- Best Hospitals (5)
- BI 201335 and BI 207127 (10)
- BI 207127 (7)
- BILB 1941 (1)
- Bioartificial Liver (3)
- biological "devices" to program cells (1)
- Biopump (1)
- BioScience (2)
- biosimilars (6)
- BIT225 (2)
- BL-8020 (2)
- blood safety (2)
- blood scandal (3)
- bms-650032 (6)
- BMS-650032 (Asunaprevir) BMS-790052 (Daclatasvir) (10)
- BMS-650032 and BMS-790052 (5)
- bms-790052 (18)
- bms-790052-declatasvir (10)
- BMS-986094-INX 189 halted (8)
- BMS-986094-INX 189 on hold (7)
- boceprevir (98)
- Boceprevir FDA Transcript (1)
- boceprevir patient guide (1)
- boceprevir-drug assistance program (3)
- boceprevir-Medication Guide-Prescribing Info (1)
- boceprevir-victrelis (178)
- boceprevir-victrelis-Cost (1)
- boceprevir-victrelis-mericitabine w-SOC (1)
- Bowel (1)
- Brain (7)
- Caleco Pharma (1)
- Canada (2)
- cancer (14)
- cancerous growths gallbladder and/or the bile duct (1)
- CDC (4)
- CDC- World Hepatitis Day 2011 (1)
- CDC- World Hepatitis Day 2012 (4)
- Chat room (3)
- children treating HCV (15)
- chronic disease (2)
- chronic fatigue (16)
- chronic hepatitis c (2)
- chronic liver failure (2)
- chronic pain (3)
- cirrhosis (173)
- cirrhosis-complications (10)
- cirrhosis-Vibrio vulnificus-raw oysters (1)
- clinical trials (120)
- clinical trials-Pro-Con (4)
- coffee (21)
- Colloidal silver (1)
- colonoscopy (2)
- comorbidities HCV anti-viral treatment and disease (1)
- compensated cirrhosis (11)
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine (17)
- Counterfeit drugs (7)
- covalent inhibitor (2)
- Creating Functional Hepatic Tissue (1)
- Cryoglobulinemia (5)
- CTS-1027 (5)
- Cyclophilin Inhibitors (1)
- Daclatasvir (3)
- daclatasvir-peg/riba (3)
- Daclatasvir/Asunaprevir (3)
- daclatasvir/asunaprevir/BMS-791325 (5)
- Daily Consensus Interferon (1)
- Danoprevir (12)
- Danoprevir/Mericitabine (2)
- DEB025 (2)
- DEB025- alisporivir (4)
- decompensated cirrhosis (18)
- Dental (3)
- Depression (16)
- diabetes (100)
- diabetes-insulin resistance (8)
- Digestion (2)
- Direct-acting Antivirals (11)
- disease progression (11)
- donation (13)
- drug alerts (1)
- Drug Assistance Programs (5)
- Drug Resistance Test (1)
- drug shortages (1)
- dry eye (3)
- dyspepsia (1)
- EASL (59)
- Economic Burden HCV (2)
- ELAD® Bioartificial Liver (1)
- encephalopathy (28)
- endoscopy (1)
- Epidemic HCV (9)
- Epogen (4)
- ESLD (1)
- faldaprevir (7)
- faldaprevir/ (BI 201335) (24)
- faldaprevir/BI 207127 (1)
- fatigue (7)
- Fatigue-Cognitive Function-Sleep Quality (2)
- Fatty Liver (113)
- Fatty Liver-RP103 (1)
- FDA (68)
- fibromyalgia (7)
- Fluvastatin (2)
- Foodborne illness (15)
- G7128 (1)
- gallbladder (1)
- gallstones (9)
- gastritis (1)
- Gastroenterologist (1)
- geno 2 (16)
- geno1 (92)
- geno2 (32)
- geno3 (53)
- geno4 (28)
- geno5 (5)
- geno6 (10)
- genotypes;All (14)
- green tea (2)
- GS-5885 (4)
- GS-7977 now Sofosbuvir (64)
- GS-7977 now Sofosbuvir and simeprevir (TMC435) (6)
- GS-7977 now sofosbuvir / GS-5885 now ledipasvir (14)
- GS-7977 now Sofosbuvir Plus Riba (2)
- GS-7977 now Sofosbuvir/BMS-790052 now Daclatasvir (10)
- GS-7977 Plus Peg/Riba (3)
- GS-9190 (7)
- GS-9256 (6)
- GS-9451 (2)
- GSK2336805 (3)
- Gut Bacteria (1)
- H pylori (1)
- HALL OF SHAME (42)
- HALT-C (8)
- hav (6)
- hav vaccine (1)
- hbv (96)
- hbv vaccine (1)
- HCV Australia (6)
- hcv abstracts (231)
- HCV Awareness (69)
- HCV Awareness-screening strategies (19)
- HCV Baby Boomers (31)
- HCV cardiovascular disease (1)
- HCV diet (3)
- HCV Forum (1)
- HCV hypertension (1)
- HCV natural compounds (1)
- HCV neurocognitive function (1)
- HCV News (1274)
- HCV News-weekly rewind (20)
- HCV pregnancy (6)
- HCV Protease Inhibitors in Active Drug Users (1)
- HCV replication (3)
- HCV research (93)
- HCV Self-management (1)
- HCV symptoms (3)
- HCV tests (19)
- HCV tests-endoscope (1)
- HCV transmission FAQ (1)
- HCV Vaccine (24)
- HCV vaccine GI-5005 (7)
- HCV Vaccine-TG4040 (MVA-HCV) (2)
- HCV Worldwide (29)
- HCV Worldwide Asia Australia Egypt (2)
- HCV Worldwide-Europe Canada Israel (1)
- HCV Your Health (3)
- HCV-autoimmune diseases (1)
- HCV-Breast Cancer Risk (1)
- HCV-Editorial (12)
- HCV-Education (56)
- HCV-elderly (3)
- HCV-Insulin resistance (11)
- HCV-Statins (7)
- HCV/HBV/HIV special populations (1)
- Health Reform (3)
- Health Reform-Insurance (4)
- Healthy you (28)
- hemochromatosis (1)
- HepaFat™ (1)
- Hepatitis-related Renal Disease (1)
- hepatocyte cell transplantation (1)
- hepatologist (1)
- hepatoSys Virtual Liver Network (1)
- herb (31)
- herb-kava (2)
- HEV (3)
- History of HCV (3)
- HIV (114)
- HIV-children (3)
- hiv/hbv-coinfection (1)
- HIV/HCV (70)
- hot topic (9)
- HTAs-host-targeting agents (1)
- human genome (6)
- human interferon alpha lozenges (2)
- Idenix Reports Positive Interim Data for Hepatitis C Drug (1)
- IDX184 (21)
- IDX184-Discontinued (1)
- IDX19368-Discontinued (1)
- IDX19368-hold (2)
- IDX719 (9)
- if I had.. (9)
- IFNL 4 (1)
- IL-7(CYT 107) (1)
- IL28B (62)
- IL28B Test (2)
- immune system (9)
- IMO-2125 (6)
- Inflammation (3)
- Inflammation Liver (1)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (1)
- INFRADURE Biopump (1)
- Inspirational (25)
- Insurance (1)
- Insurance medicare (1)
- interferon (5)
- Interferon Free Combinations (111)
- Interferon lambdas (1)
- interferon-free therapies (2)
- Investment News HCV Drugs (22)
- INX 189 (13)
- IP-10 (1)
- ITX-5061 (1)
- Joint pain (1)
- Just for fun (5)
- JX594/TG6006 (2)
- Lambda (7)
- ledipasvir (GS-5885) (4)
- Lichen Planus (5)
- List Peer-Reviewed Journals (2)
- Liver Abscess (2)
- liver biopsy (13)
- liver biopsy-necessary in all genotypes? (1)
- liver cancer (228)
- Liver cancer CF102 (2)
- Liver Cancer Treatment (73)
- liver cancer treatment-radiofrequency ablation (RFA) (2)
- Liver Cancer-HEAT Study of ThermoDox(R) (3)
- liver cancer-MCT-465 and MCT-485 (1)
- liver cancer/sorafenib (4)
- Liver Cysts (1)
- liver disease (15)
- Liver Fibrosis (96)
- liver function tests (12)
- liver health (66)
- Liver Injury Dietary Supplements (2)
- Liver Injury-Shark liver oil (1)
- Liver Pain (6)
- liver surgery (2)
- liver/anatomy (1)
- locteron (1)
- Locteron/interferon (2)
- lymphoma (3)
- M11-602 (1)
- marijuana (27)
- marijuana-based prescription drug (1)
- MBX-700 and MBX-701 (formerly SCH 900942 and SCH 900188) (1)
- Mediterranean diet (1)
- Men and HCV (4)
- microspheres (3)
- Milk thistle (22)
- Miracle Mineral Solution-MMS (1)
- Miravirsen (7)
- miRNAs (1)
- MK-5172 (11)
- MK-5172/peg/riba (1)
- MK-5172/Vaniprevir(MK-7009) (1)
- MK-7009 (4)
- monoclonal antibody GS-6624 (1)
- Morbidity-SVR (3)
- Mortality (12)
- myocardial infarction (1)
- myocarditis (1)
- nanoparticles (3)
- Nanotechnology (3)
- Natural leukocyte interferon alpha (Alfaferone) (1)
- Neutropenia HCV Treatment (4)
- new drugs (3)
- new hcv drugs (55)
- newly diagnosed (8)
- newsletters (45)
- Nitazoxanide (2)
- noninvasive tests for fibrosis (36)
- nonresponders (7)
- NS5A inhibitor (2)
- NSAID (7)
- nucleoside inhibitors (1)
- null responders (10)
- occult hepatitis C virus infection (1)
- Off Topic (31)
- online pharmacy (1)
- Oral interferon (1)
- organ harvesting (11)
- organ trafficking (5)
- organ trafficking- U.S (1)
- organ-imported tainted tissue (1)
- Origin Of Hepatitis (1)
- Other Conditions Related To HCV (46)
- Other Conditions Related To HCV-Vasculitis (5)
- Other Health News (91)
- OTHER INFECTIOUS DISEASE (20)
- outsourcing clinical trials (3)
- outsourcing drugs (7)
- partial responders (3)
- Pediatric liver disease (1)
- Pegasys (10)
- Peginterferon (74)
- PegIntron (4)
- Peripheral Neuropathy (2)
- PF-05095808 (1)
- Pharmaceuticals (135)
- Pink eye-Sty-and other eye conditions (1)
- platelets (3)
- polymerase inhibitor (16)
- Porphyria Cutanea Tarda (PCT) (2)
- Post Treatment Symptoms (1)
- PPI-383 (1)
- PPI-461 (3)
- PPI-668 (3)
- primary biliary cirrhosis (PBS) (1)
- probiotics (1)
- procrit (4)
- prognostic test:response to therapy (1)
- promacta (1)
- prostate cancer (1)
- protease inhibitor (33)
- protease inhibitor- (NS3/4A) Drug Resistance Test (2)
- PSI-7977 (24)
- PSI-7977 and PSI-938 (1)
- PSI-7977-TMC435 (3)
- PSI-7977/ Daclatasvir-(BMS-790052) (1)
- PSI-938 (6)
- PSI-938-Halted (1)
- Pulmonary fibrosis (1)
- Quackery (10)
- Questions About HCV (4)
- rash (10)
- recall (25)
- regeneration (5)
- regenerative Medicine (15)
- relapse (8)
- resistance to protease inhibitors (16)
- response-guided therapy (4)
- RG7128 (9)
- ribavirin (25)
- Ritonavir (1)
- rituximab (2)
- salt (4)
- SB 9200 (1)
- scientists grow human livers in laboratory (7)
- SCY-635 (5)
- SCY-641 (1)
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine (9)
- selenium (2)
- setrobuvir (1)
- side effects (64)
- side effects-direct-acting antivirals (18)
- side effects-eyes (7)
- side effects-telaprevir (3)
- silibinin (4)
- silymarin (4)
- Simeprevir (11)
- SIR-Spheres microspheres (2)
- Small fiber neuropathy (2)
- Sorafenib (6)
- sovaprevir (3)
- Sovaprevir (Formerly ACH-1625) (5)
- Sovaprevir/ACH-3102 (2)
- sphincter of Oddi (3)
- spleen (6)
- SPONTANEOUS CLEARANCE (12)
- Standardization of Terminology of Virological Response (1)
- Starting HCV Treatment (69)
- STAT-C (3)
- stem cell lawsuit (2)
- stem cell tourism (7)
- stem cell-diabetes (1)
- stem cells (76)
- stem cells-pluripotent (2)
- stem-cell-derived liver tissue model (1)
- supplements (13)
- support (45)
- support-hotline (5)
- Surgery in liver disease (2)
- svr (68)
- SVR-Mortality (4)
- svr-pitavastatin (Livalo) (1)
- svr-rapid response (1)
- SVR24-SVR12-SVR4 (8)
- Tattoos (2)
- telaprevir (125)
- Telaprevir FDA Transcript (1)
- telaprevir medication guide (1)
- telaprevir patient assistance (3)
- telaprevir prescribing information (1)
- telaprevir with VX-222 (20)
- telaprevir-incivek (205)
- telaprevir-incivek-Cost (3)
- Tenofovir (2)
- Terry's nails (1)
- TG4040 (2)
- Thalidomide (1)
- The natural history of hepatitis C (2)
- Therapy-over the age of 65 (1)
- TheraSphere (1)
- Thrombocytopenia (4)
- Thrombocytopenia-Promacta (1)
- thrombosis (3)
- thyroid (11)
- Timeline Hepatiits (1)
- TMC278 for HIV (1)
- TMC435 (26)
- TMC435 (Simeprevir) (27)
- TMC435-BMS-790052 (3)
- TMC647055 (3)
- TMC647055 and IDX719 (1)
- TMC649128 (4)
- toxicity (25)
- transmission (64)
- Transmission clinical setting (84)
- Transmission clinical setting-Government Report 2012 (1)
- Transmission of HCV Through Transplanted Organs (2)
- transmission-needlestick (2)
- transplant (162)
- transplant tourism (7)
- Transplant- Telaprevir/Boceprevir (3)
- transplant-certican (1)
- Transplant-GS-7977 now Sofosbuvir (1)
- transplant-HCV recurrence (2)
- transplant-IL28B (1)
- transplant-MELD (6)
- Triad Prep Pads (16)
- TT-034 (1)
- tylenol (11)
- upper abdominal pain (2)
- varices (14)
- video (259)
- video viral load test(PCR) (1)
- viral load (9)
- Virtual Liver (1)
- virus research (2)
- vitamin A (6)
- vitamin B12 (3)
- vitamin D (34)
- vitamin E (6)
- Vitamin E-TE/TCP supplements (1)
- vitamin k (1)
- vitamins (7)
- warning-black cohosh (1)
- weekend reading (42)
- wellness (52)
- what is hepatitis c (1)
- women (8)
- Xifaxan (1)
- XIX International AIDS Conference (4)
- zalbin (1)
- zinc (1)
- ► 2013 (435)
- ► 2012 (1293)
- June 2011 Webcast;Chronic Viral Hepatitis - Screen...
- Hepatitis C; Effects of interferon on development/...
- Inflammation and Diet: Inflammatory and Anti-Infla...
- Metformin; Preventing diabetes in at-risk patients...
- Risk score for development of HCC: ready for use i...
- Fewer Complications With NAFLD Than Hepatitis C Vi...
- Canadians "wait more than 30 months to access late...
- From Pharmalot;Congress Widens Probe Into The Hepa...
- Stem-cell scientists grapple with clinics;Educatin...
- Predictors of alcohol use on liver function among ...
- More Than Two-Thirds of Surveyed U.S. Clinicians P...
- NEJM;Chronic Hepatitis C Infection-new directly ac...
- Just For Fun; Whats Up With Pruney Fingers?
- Submission of a phase III clinical trial applicati...
- Telaprevir-Incivek; New Hep C drug reduces treatme...
- Hepatitis C News; Treatment GT 2 and 3 and Another...
- Diabetics get blood vessels made from donor cells
- The effects of milk thistle on hepatic fibrosis du...
- Role of living donor liver transplantation in the ...
- Blood safety concerns in the Eastern Mediterranean...
- The Importance of Sleep
- Affordable Care Act Delivers Cheaper Prescription ...
- Hepatitis C ; Clinic battles silent killer
- Will new drugs block hepatitis C virus in its trac...
- Merck looks to early-stage deals to feed pipeline
- Hepatitis C News;Vertex and Merck
- Govt prepares for WHO’s World Hepatitis Day
- Wal-Mart hikes branded diabetes drug prices-study
- Hepatitis-C and its Effects on Liver Transplantati...
- Promising Results of Phase I Diabetes Trial
- FDA Approving Cancer Drugs Faster Than Europe
- Checking up for Hep C and looking after yourself. ...
- Review of liver injury associated with dietary sup...
- Telomerase mutation: A genetic risk factor for cir...
- Hepatitis C Morning News
- Response to antiviral therapy in patients with gen...
- British researchers develop "cure" for Type 2 diab...
- Changes in the Prevalence of the Most Common Cause...
- Nurse Using Her Own Experience to Encourage Organ ...
- Different HCV genotypes originally evolved from ge...
- Coffee Consumption is Associated with Response to ...
- Life expectancy for those with Type 1 diabetes imp...
- 350 million adults have diabetes: Study reveals th...
- Liver Fibrosis Tied to Hep C-Related Vasculitis Pr...
- Mayo Clinic Developing Artificial Pancreas to Ease...
- Retroviral Etiology for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Q...
- Endo Pharmaceuticals recalls 2 lots of painkiller
- Hepatitis C; Telaprevir Making The News
- Modifications; Prescribing Information for PROCRIT...
- From NPR; Boceprevir-Victrelis,Telaprevir-Incivek
- UPMC offers patients transplant options elsewhere
- UPDATE 2-Patent overhaul bill clears U.S. House
- Obesity Cuts Long-Term Survival in Liver Transplan...
- Death Toll from Illicit Narcotics Use Amounts to G...
- Self-propelled endoscope shoots images inside stom...
- TCD scientists make hepatitis C breakthrough
- Too many patients prescribed high-risk drugs, rese...
- Scientists closer to developing treatments that co...
- Dietary Leucine May Fight Prediabetes, Metabolic S...
- To Salt or Not to Salt, That is the Question
- Adjunctive Telaprevir Boosts Response in Chronic H...
- FDA approves six Indian pharma companies for selli...
- With Diabetes, the Hands Aren’t Free
- Hepatitis C Virus Infection Among Adolescents and ...
- Achillion Initiates 12-Wk Dosing in Phase 2 Trial ...
- NEJM study: telaprevir (Incivek) represents breakt...
- Telaprevir (Incivek)- Drug Ups Response Rate in Re...
- Angioplasty May Be Feasible for Liver Transplantat...
- Anemia and Virological Response in HCV/HIV Coinfec...
- Cocaine-Related Heart Damage May Be 'Silent'
- Gold nanoparticles help earlier diagnosis of liver...
- Study reveals possible association between HCV, HB...
- TMC649128 enters Phase Ib Trial in Patients Chroni...
- New combination of drugs offers hope for hepatitis...
- Study shows link between hepatitis C and prostate ...
- Decision-Making Processes Blunted in Chronic Marij...
- 7 Skills You Need To Develop To Manage Your Diabet...
- The natural history of nonalcoholic fatty liver di...
- Diabetes Risk Rises as Statin Dose Increases
- To Fix Diabetic Nerve Damage, Blood Vessels and Su...
- 3D liver may shed light on effects of chemicals in...
- Gregg Allman Joins Merck and American Liver Founda...
- Hepatitis study hits upon clue
- Causes of Death Among People with Hepatitis B and ...
- Blood-Borne Infections in Emergency Medicine
- Hows It Done? Video Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR...
- FDA Unveils New Global Strategy to Help Ensure Saf...
- AASLD Publishes New Guideline on HCC(liver Cancer)...
- Diet and physical activity influence the risk of a...
- 2011-Vaccination for Hepatitis C Virus
- Monday Hepatitis News;Stereotyping Patients Also V...
- BioPlus 'Pharmacy HepatitisRx Assist For Victrelis...
- Perspective: Recognizing resistance;The new protea...
- HCV genotype-specific correlation with serum marke...
- Health Utilities and Psychometric Quality of Life ...
- Migraines eased after ginger and herb treatment
- Hepatitis Weekend News
- Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC);A common cancer
- Axium is pleased to add VictrelisTM and IncivekTM ...
- Life expectancy slips for females in some parts of...
- NY-Pain Clinic Visitors May Have Received Hepatiti...
- The Hepatitis C Self-management Programme
- Sitges IV Advances the Discussion of Early Access ...
- Starting New Hepatitis C Therapies: What Patients ...
- India:Poor women fall victim to clinical trials
- Chronic hepatitis C doubles the normal risk of dyi...
- Feeding the Child with Liver Disease
- Hepatitis C: Drugmakers set aside rivalries to lif...
- Telaprevir/Incivek Isn't Useful for All HCV Genoty...
- Hepatitis C Morning News June 15th
- Noninvasive liver tests may predict hepatitis C pa...
- Eat your fruits and vegetables!
- In The News; INCIVEK/Telaprevir Hepatitis C Drug "...
- Premature Aging Seen As Issue For AIDS Survivors
- EU in Kosovo says Turk, Israeli trafficked organs
- Local doctor is hopeful for a cure of Hepatitis C
- Physicians divided about which peg-interferon to u...
- Confronting a silent epidemic
- Diabetes Doubles Liver Cancer threat For individua...
- Update June 13;:Feds seek injunction against maker...
- Hepatitis C : Seniors face Medicare cost barrier f...
- Vertex and Ahos Working together to bring two new ...
- Updated; FDA admits weak oversight in tainted wipe...
- Friday HCV News;Telaprevir/Combination DAAs/Shorte...
- Mortality From All Causes Higher Among Hepatitis C...
- General Recommendations for Patients with Advanced...
- Selenium for preventing cancer
- (HCV)-associated liver disease after liver transpl...
- FDA Hepatitis Update; Labeling change for PegIntro...
- Hepatitis C News Updates
- Hepatitis/Fatty Liver Disease ; Biomarkers of Live...
- Atorvastatin and antioxidants reduce steatosis in ...
- FDA says some chicken meat may contain small amoun...
- Red Market ; Global underworld where organs, bones...
- Scientists create humanized mouse model for hepati...
- Berkeley June WELLNESS LETTER-Forbidden Fruit?
- Hepatitis C; IL28B Polymorphisms, IP-10 and Viral ...
- Expansion of the ELECTRON trial of PSI-7977 For He...
- Peginterferon Alfa-2a/PEGASYS Is Superior to Pegin...
- Laparoscopic Liver Surgery Safe for HCC With Cirrh...
- Role of Lifestyle Changes in the Management of Chr...
- Correlation of hepatitis C and prostate cancer, in...
- Sorafenib Superior to Sunitinib in Overall Surviva...
- New Treatments For Hepatitis C; Boceprevir vs Tela...
- "Best Doctors" Survey Is Out For 2011
- Hepatitis C on the rise in Ohio
- Hepatitis C June Newsletters
- Outsourced Clinical Trials; Critics question ethic...
- Gene Therapy Reverses Type 1 Diabetes in Mice
- Hepatitis C Weekend Update; HIV/HCV Scare "Reused ...
- Jules Levin From NATAP/Video - Hepatitis C Aging P...
- Grady Hospital's Liver Clinic: The Faces Of Hepati...
- Newly designed system of identifying molecules for...
- Newly diagnosed cancer patients face hurdles in re...
- FDA Transcripts Telaprevir/Boceprevir April Adviso...
- Europe E.coli outbreak caused by toxic new strain
- Hepatitis C Investigational Drugs; Interferon-free...
- Sustained virologic response(SVR) reduces risk of ...
- Heavy Coffee Consumption Linked to Better Hep C Tr...
- ECHO Model Treats HCV Infection in Underserved Com...
- Anadys Announces Issuance of U.S. Patent Covering ...
- Diabetics show higher risk of pancreas disease
- Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan-No longer ne...
- NAFLD Rising, Already Accounts for 75% of Chronic ...
- Hepatitis June 1st News; HCV Research, Patients, L...
- ▼ June 2011 (165)
Click here to order a FREE Home Access Hepatitis C Test Kit
How Soon Should I Get Tested After Exposure ?
After the exposure (especially if the blood exposure involved another person known to have the hepatitis C virus), it is recommended that testing for the hepatitis C antibody be performed at 4 to 6 months after the exposure OR that testing for the hepatitis C virus itself (a test often called an HCV PCR or hepatitis C viral load test) be performed 4 to 6 weeks after the potential exposure. These tests are done to determine whether or not hepatitis C infection has occurred as a result of the exposure.;
FAIR USE NOTICE:
If this site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner, it is being made available in an effort to advance the understanding of the ethics dealing with medical practice, medical care, new drug research, drug trials, science and scientific research, human rights, social justice and, in addition, the law and politics which cover these areas. It is believed that this use constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed to visitors of this “HCV New Drugs Blog” without profit to the blog or to those who by visiting this blog have expressed interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. The material in this site is provided for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended to be a substitute for a health care provider's consultation. Please consult your own appropriate health care provider about the applicability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your own symptoms or medical conditions. The information on this site does not constitute legal or technical advice
- New HCV Drugs
- Keeping current on the potential arrival of new improved hepatitis C drugs. As once a hepatitis C patient myself (I successfully treated the virus with standard HCV therapy in 2000) I understand the difficult decisions and overwhelming fear that ensues after being diagnosed with this serious and life-changing disease. This blog serves as a starting point for information on the rapidly evolving number of new agents in development to treat hepatitis C. Tina