Friday, February 25, 2011

HCV Advocates Very Own Lucinda K. Porter, RN

HCV Advocates Very Own

Lucinda K. Porter, RN and author, talks about her new book, Free of Hepatitis C.

.I ha.

.

Just a sampling of Ms. Porters work in HCV Advocates February Newsletter

HealthWise: Vitamin D and the Liver

HCV Snapshots

I personally have benefited tremendously from Ms. Porters dedication to the HCV community. I have read her Healthwise articles for many years, and with great anticipation look forward to each new contribution. Here are a few other accomplishments from the lovely and talented author.

Biography

Lucinda K. Porter, RN Website

Lucinda is a nurse, writer, poet, community educator, mother, wife and traveler. Her undergraduate degree is in Women's Studies from Syracuse University. After becoming a certified childbirth assistant or doula, Lucinda went to nursing school. Serendipity and the kindness of others led her to the hepatitis C world.

The Hepatitis Comics:
Levity for the Liver

It takes a bit of gall to poke fun at hepatitis. As a nurse, I've seen the wreckage of liver disease and I revere the strength it takes to live with adversity. I have hep C, and I know it isn't exactly a picnic. However, I believe that when it comes to wellness, laughter is better than an apple a day. Just in case I am wrong about this, I eat a lot of apples. Although I endorse going to the doctor, I take a joke book along to survive the waiting room time. I probably should take an apple too so I don't die of starvation during the long wait.
I think that laughter is a worthy pursuit and I invite others to share their stories or witticisms that might amuse those with liver disease. Welcome to The Hepatitis Comics.

Lucinda K. Porter: A Writer's Blog

Although a picture may be worth a thousand words, I prefer to draw with language. Given a choice between a palette or a dictionary, I'd choose the lexicon. A Chinese proverb that better describes my sentiments is, " A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." Blogging is a bit like casting seeds. One never knows what will germinate...

Lucinda K. Porter, RN, B.A. has been with the Hepatitis C Support Project (HCSP) since 1998. She is a member of the HCSP advisory board and writes for various HCSP publications. She received an award for recognition of contributions and service 1998-2003 from the Hepatitis C Support Project. Lucinda was a clinical research nurse at Stanford University Medical Center’s Hepatology division. In 1998, she co-founded the Redwood City Hepatitis C Support Group.Lucinda has been a guest speaker, educator and consultant, particularly on the subject of hepatitis C. She is actively engaged in community awareness activities focusing on issues surrounding viral hepatitis.

No comments:

Post a Comment