A review in the December issue of CGH examines the causes of liver disease among the HIV-infected population in the era of antiretroviral therapy (ART).
A review in the December issue of CGH examines the causes of liver disease among the HIV-infected population in the era of antiretroviral therapy (ART).
Get Updates For HCV New Drugs Delivered By Email
Check Out The Website
Hepatitis C New Drug Research And Liver Health
RSS Feed; Website Updates
HCV In The News
DDW 2013 - May 18-21, 2013 - Orlando, FL
Digestive Disease Week - The conference will showcase the latest advances in GI research, medicine and technology in the fields of gastroenterology, hepatology, endoscopy and gastrointestinal surgery
Hot Topics - May 2013
If the past is a harbinger of the future, therapy for HCV infection will probably continue to advance at a brisk pace. Many additional potent agents are in the clinical pipeline, and interferon-free regimens are likely to dominate the HCV therapeutic landscape within the next 5 years.....
At this year's EASL in Amsterdam with over 9600 delegates the phase III study results for the two "second wave HCV protease inhibitors" faldaprevir and simeprevir each in combination with pegylated interferon (PEG-IFN) and ribavirin (RBV) for HCV genotype 1 patients were presented as well as the phase III findings for the polymerase inhibitor sofosbuvir again in combination with PEG-IFN/RBV for treatment of genotypes 1,4,5 and 6. In addition phase III results of the first interferon free combination of sofosbuvir with ribavirin for treatment of genotype 2 and 3 were presented....
Care for hepatitis C is evolving rapidly, with increasingly effective and better-tolerated antiviral therapies being evaluated and approved for use. It's clear, however, that not everyone who would qualify for therapy has been tested and identified, referred for appropriate care, and offered or given the best therapy available. Furthermore, currently used antiviral drugs - pegylated interferon and ribavirin "base" plus either telaprevir or boceprevir - can cost more than $70,000 for a full course of therapy. It is expected that the new oral antiviral agents will be just as expensive, at least in the short term.
Watch - Best of the EASL 2013 on hepatitis C - webcast with Dr Andrew Muir
Hepatitis C Therapy Update 2013-What About Interferon-free Regimens?
U.S. FDA grants priority review to Simeprevir (TMC435) for combination treatment of genotype 1 chronic hepatitis C
AbbVie's ABT-450- Breakthrough Therapy Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration Granted to Investigational HCV Regimen
Gilead Sofosbuvir and ledipasvir: Plans to initiate a third Phase 3 clinical trial with and without ribavirin
Cost will limit uptake of off-label Gilead/Bristol-Myers Squibb Hep C combo, despite best-in-class data
ViewPoints: New Hep C data validates Gilead's solo approach
Gilead Submits New Drug Application to U.S. FDA for Sofosbuvir (GS-7977) for the Treatment of Hepatitis C-- Sofosbuvir Would Form Basis of First All-Oral Regimen for HCV Genotype 2 and 3 Patients, and Interferon-Sparing Regimen for Genotype 1 Patients --
Anemia Top Side Effect of HCV Antivirals
Hepatitis C Virus Infection: Looking for Interferon Free Regimens
Review: NS5A Inhibitors in the Treatment of Hepatitis
VX-135/daclatasvir: Vertex signs agreement with Bristol-Myers for all-oral midstage studies for hepatitis C treatments
Simeprevir (TMC435) - Janssen Submits New Drug Application to U.S. FDA
Miravirsen- Hepatitis C drug goes after patients’ RNA
Update on Phase 3 Study of Oral Fixed-Dose Combination of Sofosbuvir and Ledipasvir for Genotype 1 Hepatitis C Patients
Hepatitis C - Presidio Collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim for interferon-free Phase IIa clinical trial
Gilead hepatitis C drug sofosbuvir (GS-7977) meets goal of fourth late-stage study
EASL-Burden of Liver Disease in Europe: Looks at leading causes of cirrhosis and primary liver cancer in Europe
Gilead Announces SVR Rates from Two Phase 3 Studies of Sofosbuvir (GS-7977) for Hepatitis C
Potential IFN-Free Regimens For HCV
IDX184 and IDX19368 - Idenix drops development of hepatitis C drugs
Interferon free regimens for the “difficult to treat”: are we there?
Current Prospects for Interferon-free Treatment of Hepatitis C in 2012
Numerous other DAAs are in clinical development, and phases 2 and 3 trials are evaluating interferon-free combination DAA therapy. Interferon-free sustained virologic responses have now been achieved with combinations of asunaprevir and daclatasvir; sofosbuvir and ribavirin; sofosbuvir and daclatasvir; faldaprevir and BI207127; ABT-450, ritonovir and ABT-333; ABT-450, ritonovir and ABT-072; miracitabine, danoprevir and ritonavir; and alisporivir and ribavirin. Some drugs are genotype-specific in their activity, whereas others are pan-genotypic, and differential responses for the genotype 1 subtypes 1a and 1b have emerged with many DAA combinations. Viral breakthrough and resistance are important considerations for future trial design. The prospect of interferon-free combination DAA therapy for hepatitis C virus is now finally becoming a reality.
2013-Guide to Clinical Trials for People with Hepatitis C
Bristol-Myers to Hold Talks On Settling Claims of Hepatitis C Patients
Treat Now or Wait?
The debate rather to treat HCV now or wait is ongoing, in the journal "Liver International" factors which affect the decision to treat now or delay therapy are discussed. You can view the article here: Patients with HCV and F1 and F2 fibrosis: treat now or wait?
Lucinda K. Porter, RN Shares A Personal Experience: Starting 12 weeks of sofosbuvir, GS-5885, and ribavirin
Coming in September 2013
A second book authored by Lucinda K. Porter, RN: Hepatitis C Treatment One Step at a Time: Inspirational Readings and Practical Tips for Successful Hepatitis C Treatment
FREE FROM HEPATITIS C
Clinical Trial Updates
ClinicalTrials.gov: updated in the last 30 days
HCV PipelineHCV Advocate - News & Pipeline Blog
Chronic Hepatitis C Infection: Treat Now or Wait?
INCIVEK® (telaprevir)-Updates label after reports of a ‘small number of fatal skin reactions’
Vertex discloses Hep C drug deaths
HCV Transplant Studies GS-7977 Also Telaprevir & Boceprevir
Perspectives and challenges of interferon-free therapy for chronic hepatitis C
Hepatitis C–What Are Your Treatment Choices: New Webinar
Setbacks in HCV Drug Development Highlight Uncertainties in Treat or Wait Decisions
So You Think You’re a Hepatitis C Expert
Back in July Clinical Care Options released part one of a three part online quiz containing 35 questions on hepatitis C, answered by nine world-renowned hepatology experts. In October CCO released part two of the series which included case scenarios from 11 leading international experts on hepatitis C, and today part three was released!
Idenix: FDA Places IDX19368 Hepatitis C Treatment on Clinical Hold
IDX184-Idenix hepatitis C drug put on partial hold
BMS halts the development of BMS-986094 due to patient death
BMS-986094-Bristol-Myers Sued Over Heart Damage In Hepatitis C Drug Trial
The International Liver Congress 2013 of the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL), will take place April 24 to 28 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
EASL Website - Press Room
EASL Abstract Search
Click here for a downloadable PDF version of the Abstract Book.
Tips For Viewing Hepatitis C Abstracts
Download now the ILC 2013 congress app and have full access to the scientific programme, posters, abstracts, floorplans and more!
EASL: Direct-acting antivirals now ready for prime time with promising alternatives on the way
AbbVie is a new, independent biopharmaceutical company composed of Abbott’s former proprietary pharmaceutical business
ABT-267, ABT-333-non- nucleoside, ABT-450/r
r = ritonavir
Faldaprevir/ (BI 201335)
MK-5172 and Daclatasvir
MK-5172 and Daclatasvir-Merck Enters Agreement with Bristol-Myers Squibb to Conduct a Phase II Clinical Trial
CCO's independent conference coverage
An update on treatment of genotype 1 chronic hepatitis C virus infection: 2011 practice guideline by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
Long-term management of the successful adult liver transplant: 2012 practice guideline by the -AASLD
VA guidelines for management and treatment of HCV, published in the American Journal of Gastroenterology
UK consensus guidelines for the use of the protease inhibitors boceprevir and telaprevir in genotype 1 chronic hepatitis C infected patients
Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)
New Clinical Practice Guideline Developed for Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
2012-New guidelines on the management of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
These guidelines result from a joint collaboration between the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) and the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC).
EASL-April 2012 Revised Clinical Practice Guidelines on the Management of Chronic Hepatitis B
HCV Information and Educational Resources
Clinical Liver Disease -Digital Liver Disease Journal
This journal is an official digital educational resource from the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases.
Visitors are able to view videos, full data, and download files in either HTML or PDF formats
View all issues here.
Projects In Knowledge
Offered at the site is a program series of HCV Video Case Vignettes. In the videos individual patient case studies are discussed, topics include side effects, drug-drug interactions, treatment duration, and outcome.
AASLD - Liver Learning
If you haven't yet explored the "Liver Learning" section available @ the AASLD web site you're missing out on the November meeting webcasts, video podcasts, abstracts and more.
Other HCV Sites:
These links will take you to the premier Hepatitis C sites and keep you informed with breaking news, clinical studies, new drugs, podcasts, newsletters, support, personal experiences, chat rooms, forums and more.
2012 Articles Of Interest
2012-New Antiviral Agents for Hepatitis C
This article describes the direct acting antivirals and host-targeted agents that have recently been approved or have been tested in HCV-infected patients and discusses their two current paths of clinical development: with or without interferon-α.
Standardization of Terminology of Virological Response in the Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C
Protease inhibitors: Silver bullets for chronic hepatitis C infection?
Recent trials evaluated the safety and efficacy of two protease inhibitors, boceprevir (Victrelis) and telaprevir (Incivek), added to standard care with pegylated interferon and ribavirin, in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection. These drugs open the door for triple therapy and other new therapies involving combinations of other direct-acting antiviral agents to become the new standard of care for this population.
Treatment of chronic hepatitis C genotype 1 with triple therapy comprising telaprevir or boceprevir
A significant increase in the number of patients with CHC to be treated is expected for 2012, with triple therapy regimens that are more complex. These expected developments represent a significant challenge and will stretch current resources.
The present Swiss Association for the Study of the Liver (SASL) expert opinion statement is not intended as guideline but shall provide some guidance on the management of CHC genotype 1 and the use of TPV and BOC
If you have just been diagnosed with hepatitis C or considering HCV therapy click here for easy to understand information.
Patient Assistance Program
INCIVEK/Telaprevir and VICTRELIS (Boceprevir) Patient Assistance Programs
Prescribing Information for INCIVEK including the Medication Guide.
VICTRELIS™- Boceprevir: Prescribing Information and Medication Guide
Hepatitis C-New Protease Inhibitor (NS3/4A) Drug Resistance Test
LabCorp has begun offering nationwide its hepatitis C GenoSure NS3/4A assay, which is designed to identify NS3 and NS4A mutations and NS3-associated resistance to a pair of recently approved HCV protease inhibitors.
- (PPI-668) w-Faldaprevir (BI201335) and BI207127 (1)
- 2012 -168 Pages Of HCV FAQs (1)
- A 2013 Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (4)
- A Guide 2011-Management Of HCV (2)
- A Guide 2012-Guideline for Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (1)
- A-2012 EASL-AASLD Special Conference (2)
- A-2012 Update on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Hepatitis C (1)
- A-2012-New guidelines on the management of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). (1)
- A-Current status and future directions in the management of chronic hepatitis C (1)
- a-DDW 2011 Meeting (11)
- a-DDW 2012 meeting (21)
- a-DDW 2013 meeting (6)
- A-EASL 2011 Summary (1)
- A-EASL 2012 (79)
- A-EASL 2012 - Guidelines on the Management of Chronic Hepatitis B (1)
- A-EASL 2012 Index (1)
- A-EASL 2012 Internet Symposium (2)
- A-EASL 2012 Summary Of The Meeting (1)
- a-EASL 2013 (50)
- A-EASL 2013 Summary Of The Meeting (1)
- a-EASL 2013-abstract search (1)
- A-New targets for antiviral therapy (81)
- A-Patients who will remain untreated in the era of triple therapy (1)
- AASLD 2011 updated hepatitis C practice guidelines (2)
- AASLD 2012-63rd Annual Meeting (73)
- AASLD 2012-STC (1)
- AASLD Nov 2011 (60)
- AASLD Nov 2011-Pocasts-Videos-Webcasts (2)
- AASLD Nov 2011-Summary (1)
- AASLD Oct2010 (80)
- AASLD Oct2010-summary (1)
- ABT-267 (9)
- ABT-333-non- nucleoside (10)
- ABT-450 (9)
- ABT-450/r (17)
- ABT-450/r and ABT-072 (4)
- ABT-450/r plus ABT-333 (8)
- Acai Berry Scam (1)
- acetaminophen (2)
- ACH-1625 (15)
- ACH-2684 (5)
- ACH-2928 (2)
- ACH-3102 (9)
- ACLF (1)
- acupuncture (2)
- acute HCV (4)
- acute HCV-when to begin therapy (1)
- acute liver failure (1)
- addiction (14)
- Adherence to therapy (12)
- ADI-PEG 20 (1)
- AIDS (2)
- alcohol consumption (12)
- alisporivir (4)
- alpha-fetoprotein (1)
- ALS-2200 (3)
- ALS-2200 (VX-135) (11)
- ALS-2200 and ALS-2158 (3)
- ALS2158 (1)
- amazing sunday (1)
- ANA598 (5)
- ANA598-setrobuvir (2)
- ANA773 (1)
- ANA958 (1)
- anemia (7)
- antidepressants (4)
- antioxidants (1)
- arthritis (4)
- ascites (9)
- asthma (1)
- Asunaprevir (1)
- autoimmune hepatitis (1)
- Avila Therapeutics™ (1)
- AVL-192 (2)
- bath salts-spice (12)
- Bavituximab (5)
- BCX5191 (2)
- BCX5191-withdrawn (1)
- Behind the Headlines (8)
- Behind the Headlines-Vaccine (1)
- Best Hospitals (5)
- BI 201335 and BI 207127 (10)
- BI 207127 (7)
- BILB 1941 (1)
- Bioartificial Liver (3)
- biological "devices" to program cells (1)
- Biopump (1)
- BioScience (2)
- biosimilars (6)
- BIT225 (2)
- BL-8020 (2)
- blood safety (2)
- blood scandal (3)
- bms-650032 (6)
- BMS-650032 (Asunaprevir) BMS-790052 (Daclatasvir) (10)
- BMS-650032 and BMS-790052 (5)
- bms-790052 (18)
- bms-790052-declatasvir (10)
- BMS-986094-INX 189 halted (8)
- BMS-986094-INX 189 on hold (7)
- boceprevir (98)
- Boceprevir FDA Transcript (1)
- boceprevir patient guide (1)
- boceprevir-drug assistance program (3)
- boceprevir-Medication Guide-Prescribing Info (1)
- boceprevir-victrelis (178)
- boceprevir-victrelis-Cost (1)
- boceprevir-victrelis-mericitabine w-SOC (1)
- Bowel (1)
- Brain (7)
- Caleco Pharma (1)
- Canada (2)
- cancer (14)
- cancerous growths gallbladder and/or the bile duct (1)
- CDC (4)
- CDC- World Hepatitis Day 2011 (1)
- CDC- World Hepatitis Day 2012 (4)
- Chat room (3)
- children treating HCV (15)
- chronic disease (2)
- chronic fatigue (16)
- chronic hepatitis c (2)
- chronic liver failure (2)
- chronic pain (3)
- cirrhosis (172)
- cirrhosis-complications (10)
- cirrhosis-Vibrio vulnificus-raw oysters (1)
- clinical trials (120)
- clinical trials-Pro-Con (4)
- coffee (21)
- Colloidal silver (1)
- colonoscopy (2)
- comorbidities HCV anti-viral treatment and disease (1)
- compensated cirrhosis (11)
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine (17)
- Counterfeit drugs (7)
- covalent inhibitor (2)
- Creating Functional Hepatic Tissue (1)
- Cryoglobulinemia (5)
- CTS-1027 (5)
- Cyclophilin Inhibitors (1)
- Daclatasvir (3)
- daclatasvir-peg/riba (3)
- Daclatasvir/Asunaprevir (3)
- daclatasvir/asunaprevir/BMS-791325 (5)
- Daily Consensus Interferon (1)
- Danoprevir (12)
- Danoprevir/Mericitabine (2)
- DEB025 (2)
- DEB025- alisporivir (4)
- decompensated cirrhosis (18)
- Dental (3)
- Depression (16)
- diabetes (100)
- diabetes-insulin resistance (8)
- Digestion (2)
- Direct-acting Antivirals (11)
- disease progression (11)
- donation (13)
- drug alerts (1)
- Drug Assistance Programs (5)
- Drug Resistance Test (1)
- drug shortages (1)
- dry eye (3)
- dyspepsia (1)
- EASL (59)
- Economic Burden HCV (2)
- ELAD® Bioartificial Liver (1)
- encephalopathy (28)
- endoscopy (1)
- Epidemic HCV (9)
- Epogen (4)
- ESLD (1)
- faldaprevir (7)
- faldaprevir/ (BI 201335) (24)
- faldaprevir/BI 207127 (1)
- fatigue (7)
- Fatigue-Cognitive Function-Sleep Quality (2)
- Fatty Liver (112)
- Fatty Liver-RP103 (1)
- FDA (68)
- fibromyalgia (7)
- Fluvastatin (2)
- Foodborne illness (15)
- G7128 (1)
- gallbladder (1)
- gallstones (9)
- gastritis (1)
- Gastroenterologist (1)
- geno 2 (16)
- geno1 (92)
- geno2 (32)
- geno3 (53)
- geno4 (28)
- geno5 (5)
- geno6 (10)
- genotypes;All (14)
- green tea (2)
- GS-5885 (4)
- GS-7977 now Sofosbuvir (62)
- GS-7977 now Sofosbuvir and simeprevir (TMC435) (5)
- GS-7977 now sofosbuvir / GS-5885 now ledipasvir (14)
- GS-7977 now Sofosbuvir Plus Riba (2)
- GS-7977 now Sofosbuvir/BMS-790052 now Daclatasvir (10)
- GS-7977 Plus Peg/Riba (3)
- GS-9190 (7)
- GS-9256 (6)
- GS-9451 (2)
- GSK2336805 (3)
- Gut Bacteria (1)
- H pylori (1)
- HALL OF SHAME (42)
- HALT-C (8)
- hav (6)
- hav vaccine (1)
- hbv (96)
- hbv vaccine (1)
- HCV Australia (6)
- hcv abstracts (231)
- HCV Awareness (69)
- HCV Awareness-screening strategies (19)
- HCV Baby Boomers (31)
- HCV cardiovascular disease (1)
- HCV diet (3)
- HCV Forum (1)
- HCV hypertension (1)
- HCV natural compounds (1)
- HCV neurocognitive function (1)
- HCV News (1258)
- HCV News-weekly rewind (20)
- HCV pregnancy (6)
- HCV Protease Inhibitors in Active Drug Users (1)
- HCV replication (3)
- HCV research (93)
- HCV Self-management (1)
- HCV symptoms (3)
- HCV tests (19)
- HCV tests-endoscope (1)
- HCV transmission FAQ (1)
- HCV Vaccine (24)
- HCV vaccine GI-5005 (7)
- HCV Vaccine-TG4040 (MVA-HCV) (2)
- HCV Worldwide (27)
- HCV Worldwide Asia Australia Egypt (2)
- HCV Worldwide-Europe Canada Israel (1)
- HCV Your Health (3)
- HCV-autoimmune diseases (1)
- HCV-Breast Cancer Risk (1)
- HCV-Editorial (12)
- HCV-Education (56)
- HCV-elderly (3)
- HCV-Insulin resistance (11)
- HCV-Statins (7)
- HCV/HBV/HIV special populations (1)
- Health Reform (3)
- Health Reform-Insurance (4)
- Healthy you (28)
- hemochromatosis (1)
- HepaFat™ (1)
- Hepatitis-related Renal Disease (1)
- hepatocyte cell transplantation (1)
- hepatologist (1)
- hepatoSys Virtual Liver Network (1)
- herb (31)
- herb-kava (2)
- HEV (3)
- History of HCV (3)
- HIV (114)
- HIV-children (3)
- hiv/hbv-coinfection (1)
- HIV/HCV (70)
- hot topic (9)
- HTAs-host-targeting agents (1)
- human genome (6)
- human interferon alpha lozenges (2)
- Idenix Reports Positive Interim Data for Hepatitis C Drug (1)
- IDX184 (21)
- IDX184-Discontinued (1)
- IDX19368-Discontinued (1)
- IDX19368-hold (2)
- IDX719 (9)
- if I had.. (9)
- IFNL 4 (1)
- IL-7(CYT 107) (1)
- IL28B (62)
- IL28B Test (2)
- immune system (9)
- IMO-2125 (6)
- Inflammation (3)
- Inflammation Liver (1)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (1)
- INFRADURE Biopump (1)
- Inspirational (25)
- Insurance (1)
- Insurance medicare (1)
- interferon (5)
- Interferon Free Combinations (109)
- Interferon lambdas (1)
- interferon-free therapies (1)
- Investment News HCV Drugs (22)
- INX 189 (13)
- IP-10 (1)
- ITX-5061 (1)
- Joint pain (1)
- Just for fun (5)
- JX594/TG6006 (2)
- Lambda (7)
- ledipasvir (GS-5885) (4)
- Lichen Planus (5)
- List Peer-Reviewed Journals (2)
- Liver Abscess (2)
- liver biopsy (13)
- liver biopsy-necessary in all genotypes? (1)
- liver cancer (228)
- Liver cancer CF102 (2)
- Liver Cancer Treatment (73)
- liver cancer treatment-radiofrequency ablation (RFA) (2)
- Liver Cancer-HEAT Study of ThermoDox(R) (3)
- liver cancer-MCT-465 and MCT-485 (1)
- liver cancer/sorafenib (4)
- Liver Cysts (1)
- liver disease (15)
- Liver Fibrosis (96)
- liver function tests (12)
- liver health (66)
- Liver Injury Dietary Supplements (2)
- Liver Injury-Shark liver oil (1)
- Liver Pain (6)
- liver surgery (2)
- liver/anatomy (1)
- locteron (1)
- Locteron/interferon (2)
- lymphoma (3)
- M11-602 (1)
- marijuana (27)
- marijuana-based prescription drug (1)
- MBX-700 and MBX-701 (formerly SCH 900942 and SCH 900188) (1)
- Mediterranean diet (1)
- Men and HCV (4)
- microspheres (3)
- Milk thistle (22)
- Miracle Mineral Solution-MMS (1)
- Miravirsen (7)
- miRNAs (1)
- MK-5172 (11)
- MK-5172/peg/riba (1)
- MK-5172/Vaniprevir(MK-7009) (1)
- MK-7009 (4)
- monoclonal antibody GS-6624 (1)
- Morbidity-SVR (3)
- Mortality (12)
- myocardial infarction (1)
- myocarditis (1)
- nanoparticles (3)
- Nanotechnology (3)
- Natural leukocyte interferon alpha (Alfaferone) (1)
- Neutropenia HCV Treatment (4)
- new drugs (3)
- new hcv drugs (55)
- newly diagnosed (8)
- newsletters (45)
- Nitazoxanide (2)
- noninvasive tests for fibrosis (36)
- nonresponders (7)
- NS5A inhibitor (2)
- NSAID (7)
- nucleoside inhibitors (1)
- null responders (10)
- occult hepatitis C virus infection (1)
- Off Topic (31)
- online pharmacy (1)
- Oral interferon (1)
- organ harvesting (11)
- organ trafficking (5)
- organ trafficking- U.S (1)
- organ-imported tainted tissue (1)
- Origin Of Hepatitis (1)
- Other Conditions Related To HCV (46)
- Other Conditions Related To HCV-Vasculitis (5)
- Other Health News (91)
- OTHER INFECTIOUS DISEASE (20)
- outsourcing clinical trials (3)
- outsourcing drugs (7)
- partial responders (3)
- Pediatric liver disease (1)
- Pegasys (10)
- Peginterferon (74)
- PegIntron (4)
- Peripheral Neuropathy (2)
- PF-05095808 (1)
- Pharmaceuticals (135)
- Pink eye-Sty-and other eye conditions (1)
- platelets (3)
- polymerase inhibitor (16)
- Porphyria Cutanea Tarda (PCT) (2)
- Post Treatment Symptoms (1)
- PPI-383 (1)
- PPI-461 (3)
- PPI-668 (3)
- primary biliary cirrhosis (PBS) (1)
- probiotics (1)
- procrit (4)
- prognostic test:response to therapy (1)
- promacta (1)
- prostate cancer (1)
- protease inhibitor (33)
- protease inhibitor- (NS3/4A) Drug Resistance Test (2)
- PSI-7977 (24)
- PSI-7977 and PSI-938 (1)
- PSI-7977-TMC435 (3)
- PSI-7977/ Daclatasvir-(BMS-790052) (1)
- PSI-938 (6)
- PSI-938-Halted (1)
- Pulmonary fibrosis (1)
- Quackery (10)
- Questions About HCV (4)
- rash (10)
- recall (25)
- regeneration (5)
- regenerative Medicine (15)
- relapse (8)
- resistance to protease inhibitors (16)
- response-guided therapy (4)
- RG7128 (9)
- ribavirin (25)
- Ritonavir (1)
- rituximab (2)
- salt (4)
- SB 9200 (1)
- scientists grow human livers in laboratory (7)
- SCY-635 (5)
- SCY-641 (1)
- Seasonal Flu Vaccine (9)
- selenium (2)
- setrobuvir (1)
- side effects (64)
- side effects-direct-acting antivirals (18)
- side effects-eyes (7)
- side effects-telaprevir (3)
- silibinin (4)
- silymarin (4)
- Simeprevir (10)
- SIR-Spheres microspheres (2)
- Small fiber neuropathy (2)
- Sorafenib (6)
- sovaprevir (3)
- Sovaprevir (Formerly ACH-1625) (5)
- Sovaprevir/ACH-3102 (2)
- sphincter of Oddi (3)
- spleen (6)
- SPONTANEOUS CLEARANCE (12)
- Standardization of Terminology of Virological Response (1)
- Starting HCV Treatment (67)
- STAT-C (3)
- stem cell lawsuit (2)
- stem cell tourism (7)
- stem cell-diabetes (1)
- stem cells (76)
- stem cells-pluripotent (2)
- stem-cell-derived liver tissue model (1)
- supplements (13)
- support (45)
- support-hotline (5)
- Surgery in liver disease (2)
- svr (68)
- SVR-Mortality (4)
- svr-pitavastatin (Livalo) (1)
- svr-rapid response (1)
- SVR24-SVR12-SVR4 (8)
- Tattoos (2)
- telaprevir (125)
- Telaprevir FDA Transcript (1)
- telaprevir medication guide (1)
- telaprevir patient assistance (3)
- telaprevir prescribing information (1)
- telaprevir with VX-222 (20)
- telaprevir-incivek (205)
- telaprevir-incivek-Cost (3)
- Tenofovir (2)
- Terry's nails (1)
- TG4040 (2)
- Thalidomide (1)
- The natural history of hepatitis C (2)
- Therapy-over the age of 65 (1)
- TheraSphere (1)
- Thrombocytopenia (4)
- Thrombocytopenia-Promacta (1)
- thrombosis (3)
- thyroid (11)
- Timeline Hepatiits (1)
- TMC278 for HIV (1)
- TMC435 (26)
- TMC435 (Simeprevir) (26)
- TMC435-BMS-790052 (3)
- TMC647055 (3)
- TMC647055 and IDX719 (1)
- TMC649128 (4)
- toxicity (25)
- transmission (64)
- Transmission clinical setting (84)
- Transmission clinical setting-Government Report 2012 (1)
- Transmission of HCV Through Transplanted Organs (2)
- transmission-needlestick (2)
- transplant (161)
- transplant tourism (7)
- Transplant- Telaprevir/Boceprevir (3)
- transplant-certican (1)
- Transplant-GS-7977 now Sofosbuvir (1)
- transplant-HCV recurrence (2)
- transplant-IL28B (1)
- transplant-MELD (6)
- Triad Prep Pads (16)
- TT-034 (1)
- tylenol (11)
- upper abdominal pain (2)
- varices (14)
- video (259)
- video viral load test(PCR) (1)
- viral load (9)
- Virtual Liver (1)
- virus research (2)
- vitamin A (6)
- vitamin B12 (3)
- vitamin D (34)
- vitamin E (6)
- Vitamin E-TE/TCP supplements (1)
- vitamin k (1)
- vitamins (7)
- warning-black cohosh (1)
- weekend reading (42)
- wellness (52)
- what is hepatitis c (1)
- women (8)
- Xifaxan (1)
- XIX International AIDS Conference (4)
- zalbin (1)
- zinc (1)
- ► 2013 (417)
- ► 2012 (1293)
- Liver Cancer Symptoms/Risk Factors
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma/update
- BOY GEORGE is aiming to raise money for victims of...
- St.Jude; Using studies as a sales tool to get busi...
- Hepatitis; List Of Clinical Trials Updated Jan 31 ...
- Monday Hepatitis C News Updates Jan 31
- Bavituximab ;Peregrine Completes Enrollment in Pha...
- "Nuclear Sludge" Candies Recalled for High Lead Co...
- Duke cancer trials allegedly lacked proper clearan...
- HIV Prophylaxis; CDC Offers Guidance for Use of Em...
- MRSA: What happens when antibiotics are overused ?...
- Liver Heath: Prebiotics, probiotics and synbiotics...
- Treating Hepatitis C In 2011; The Bible Of Links
- Hepatitis C:Treatment Guidelines "With The GOOD ge...
- Treating Hepatitis C: Are Children the Same as Adu...
- Does Cranberry Juice Prevent Recurrent Urinary Tra...
- 80% SVR regardless of telaprevir dosing frequency:...
- New Future Hepatitis C Treatments: Interferon-spar...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma xenograft supports HCV re...
- Study finds no evidence black cohosh damages liver...
- Hepatitis B prophylaxis may be discontinued in sel...
- Atorvastatin and Antioxidants for the Treatment of...
- Grapefruit juice: Dangerous medication interaction...
- Dietary Supplements: What You Need to Know
- Phase 1 clinical trial of PV-10 for liver cancer c...
- Study;Tablet splitting is a highly inaccurate and ...
- Friday" If I Had..." /Video:Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma...
- Hepatitis In The News
- Health problems/Sterilisation/Hepatitis B;Primitiv...
- Natural supplements to improve liver fibrosis; Cur...
- What The Heck Is Liver Rot? Its A Fluke
- Aspirin Dose Linked to Risk of Upper GI Bleeding
- Seroprevalence Of Anti-HAV Among Patients With Chr...
- Survival in cancer patients: improving the accurac...
- Evaluation: 6 Rapid HIV Antibody Tests
- HIV:In heavily pre-treated patients rPRT-based res...
- Hepatitis C Treatment And Liver Transplantation: A...
- Blood pressure regulation in the liver
- Non-Alcoholic Energy Drinks May Pose 'High' Health...
- Report Card; Grades States On Reporting Outbreaks ...
- Hepatitis C:Anadys Initiates Dosing in Phase IIb S...
- Top Hospitals and A Story
- In The News; Liver Health/Hepatitis C Compensation...
- Best Hospitals In U.S. Ranked On Patient Mortality...
- Hepatitis C Treatment; What Do I Need To Know?
- (HIV) impaired results of transplant surgery for l...
- Evaluate portal pressure noninvasively in patients...
- Found: Gene variants linked to hepatitis C treatme...
- Hepatitis News:Gene that protect patients with hep...
- Blocking "rogue gene" may stop cancer spread:study...
- HEPATITIS NEWS Jan 24;Healthcare company Merck sai...
- U.S. Multicenter Pilot Study of Daily Consensus In...
- Fatty Liver Disease "The Real Deal"
- Sunday News: Hepatitis C and Liver Health
- FDA Sunday Recall Jan 23
- Hepatitis C Management Challenges: Impact of New A...
- Medications for sleep in liver disease
- Study Reveals Arab American Views on Organ Donatio...
- Deadliest viruses known to mankind :Congo fever cl...
- Future of transplant medicine : Stem Cells
- Weekend Hepatitis C News Jan 22
- Acetaminophen linked to the risk of serious liver ...
- Audio; A Boomer's Guide to Medicare
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease risk factor for ...
- NAFLD Recurrence in Liver Transplant Recipients.
- Piggy-back graft for liver transplantation
- A new study reports on the success of growing huma...
- In The News: Hepatitis C Jan 21
- Hemorrhagic Fever Claims 3 Lives in Western India
- Bill Would Make Coloradans Organ Donors by Default...
- Why coffee protects against diabetes
- Telaprevir and Boceprevir Understanding The Chance...
- Telaprevir "Gets FDA Priority Review" In U.S. and...
- People with HIV have high stroke risk: US study
- FDA plans modest changes to medical device system
- FDA HALT "Mystical One" Jamaica, N.Y.-based bevera...
- Liver Disease and Vitamin B 12
- Vague symptoms help to keep hepatitis C "hidden" i...
- Personalized therapies for patients with chronic H...
- IP-10: Chemokine antagonism may contribute to this...
- In-vitro antiviral activity of Solanum nigrum agai...
- Hepatitis C infections Canada's 'silent epidemic'
- Stem-Cell Treatment for Liver Disease :EHSI Forms ...
- Medical Technology: U.S. consumers “could eventual...
- MRSA: An Update
- 'Serum cytokine levels as putative prognostic mark...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma surveillance among Hepati...
- ribavirin (RBV)-induced anemia:Genetic variation o...
- Hepatitis C: First liver transplant patients recei...
- Liver Health: Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) In Cirrho...
- Custom-made hearts, lungs, kidneys, and other orga...
- Home Genetic Testing
- Steve Jobs: Speculation about what could be wrong ...
- Transplant Surgeons Fear Using Organs from ‘High-R...
- Liver Disease : Hemochromatosis
- Hepatitis C New drugs take aim to spur debate on w...
- Hepatitis C And Liver News Of The Day Jan 17th
- Hepatitis C: Evolution of Interferon-Based Therapy...
- Hepatitis C : Antiviral Treatment After Liver Tran...
- Cell and gene therapies: moving from research to c...
- Which came first—the salmonella or the egg?
- Fatty liver: 70% to 90% of people with obesity or ...
- Hepatitis C:Contracted In Prison Fight/Short Study...
- Hepatitis C: Occupational exposure in Iranian heal...
- Hepatitis C : If I Had (Video) Floaters Disrupting...
- Recent advances of radiofrequency ablation for ear...
- Management of gastric varices
- Hepatitis C and Fatty Liver: Still unhappy bedfel...
- Hepatitis C: Humanized Mouse Model to Study Immun...
- Chronic Hives, Vitamin D Deficiency
- Johnson & Johnson recalls Tylenol, Benadryl lots
- Hepatitis C and The Making Of Biosimilars
- Drugs sold as bath salts
- Hepatitis News: UPDATE: Two Patients On Sanofi's M...
- Hepatitis A Shoppers exposed at Wal-Mart / Vancouv...
- Pharmaceutical Gossip : Hall Of Shame
- Hepatitis B : Safety of Tenofovir
- hepatitis C:New direct-acting antivirals' combinat...
- Hepatitis C: Triple therapy with protease inhibito...
- Hepatitis C virus genotype 4 therapy: progress and...
- Hepatitis C:Impact of a sustained virological resp...
- Hepatitis C : Tests/ virological tools for the opt...
- HIV: Triple antiretroviral drugs during pregnancy ...
- Viral hepatitis in 2011: a major step forward
- Hepatitis C:Fibrosis Liver Biopsy vs Transient Ela...
- Laugh Well, Live Well
- HIV: Emerging antiretroviral drug interactions
- Hepatitis C Full Studies On HBV/HCV
- Video/Healthy liver in comparison to a diseased li...
- Hepatitis B and C virus hepatocarcinogenesis: Less...
- Lasers, stem cells, and COPD
- Liver toxicity warnings: FDA limits acetaminophen ...
- Treating Hepatitis C With Telaprevir/SVR Stats 201...
- UNC researchers inch closer to unlocking potential...
- On The Path To Growing Transplantable Tissue
- 2011/Current Therapies for Chronic Hepatitis C
- Acute Hepatitis C Infection: Antibody Dynamics/Spo...
- Alnylam Phase l Data: Liver Cancer Drug Reaches Ta...
- Cancer's side effects can be lessened with nanopar...
- Resistance development of hepatitis C virus to pro...
- Swine flu survivors developed super flu antibodies...
- Hepatitis News:Cell Transplantation Success In Tre...
- Reality Check: The Outsourcing Of Clinical Trials/...
- Bavituximab in Chronic Hepatitis C: Peregrine Init...
- BMS-790052, PSI-7977,Bristol-Myers Squibb and Phar...
- 2011 Hepatitis C Drugs Telaprevir and Boceprevir: ...
- Possible Trial:Telaprevir for recurrent hepatitis ...
- HIV: The Effect of Antiretrovirals on Vitamin D
- Hepatitis C: Telaprevir / Vertex Preparing for the...
- Hepatitis C Thyroid and Treatment/Pegylated interf...
- Six Kosovar doctors face charges of illegal organ ...
- Update:Phase 1b Study of Hepatitis C Nucleotide In...
- India's first at-birth Hepatitis vaccination launc...
- Progression of initially mild fibrosis in chronic ...
- Hepatitis Weekend News
- A Few Facts On Chronic Liver Disease and Cirrhosis...
- Korea University reports research in liver disease...
- Studies from University of New South Wales in the ...
- Hepatitis C: Understanding Those Liver Tests
- New Treatments for Hepatitis C Virus:Clinical Tria...
- NAFLD/NASH Utilizing Ultrasound and Liver Biopsy
- Discovery Genomics program at the Duke Clinical Re...
- 20% of American adults have some degree of fatty l...
- Hepatitis C Morning News: 01-07
- Topper Headon calls for Case Studies for The Hepat...
- Metabolic Syndrome In 52 Percent After Liver Trans...
- Hepatitis/Merck Boceprevir Beats Vertex Telaprevir...
- Hepatitis C Drugs PSI-7977/PSI-938 interim analyse...
- Boceprevir Receives FDA Priority Review and EMA Ac...
- Round Up: Hepatitis C News Jan 6th 2011
- Mild alcohol use does not increase fibrosis in pat...
- Video/2010 Top 10 Hepatitis Stories From HCV Advoc...
- Clinical Trial of IL-12 Enhanced Therapeutic HIV D...
- HIV and Hepatitis C Co-infection: Guideline and Co...
- Hepatitis:How many stages are there in non-Hodgkin...
- Hepatitis C: In 2011, a predictive marker for resp...
- Shasun Chem to launch Vertex Hepatitis C Drug in J...
- Online health info popular but often unchecked
- Podcast:Liver Disease in HIV-Infected Individuals
- Anadys Announces:Phase IIb study of ANA598 in comb...
- Hepatitis News: Investigated Fort Detrick Concern ...
- Silent Killer - Hepatitis C /Video
- Health authorities warn against dangerous oral sup...
- Hepatitis In The News:36m suffer from HBV "Bishnu"...
- Organ recipient shares good word about Gift of Lif...
- Lower Recurrence Rate for HCC Treated With Resecti...
- Darren John Ellwood walks to raise awareness about...
- Blood Test To Spot Cancer Gets Big Boost from John...
- Video: IL28B gene and hepatitis c treatment
- Evaluation of the Performance Characteristics of 6...
- VIR-576: Thwarts the AIDS virus and causes far few...
- Organ Harvesting In China
- Dangers of Toxoplasma Parasites: Harmful W-Suppres...
- Certain Type Of HIV Reduces Breast Cancer Risk Amo...
- Morning Hep C News and Letters
- Hepatitis C and B : Cirrhosis etiology a major fac...
- Steady Hepatitis C mortality rates disappoint in A...
- Rifaximin improves cognition in minimal hepatic en...
- Hepatitis C Genotype 4 Spread To Egypt and Africa...
- ▼ January 2011 (199)
Click here to order a FREE Home Access Hepatitis C Test Kit
How Soon Should I Get Tested After Exposure ?
After the exposure (especially if the blood exposure involved another person known to have the hepatitis C virus), it is recommended that testing for the hepatitis C antibody be performed at 4 to 6 months after the exposure OR that testing for the hepatitis C virus itself (a test often called an HCV PCR or hepatitis C viral load test) be performed 4 to 6 weeks after the potential exposure. These tests are done to determine whether or not hepatitis C infection has occurred as a result of the exposure.;
FAIR USE NOTICE:
If this site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner, it is being made available in an effort to advance the understanding of the ethics dealing with medical practice, medical care, new drug research, drug trials, science and scientific research, human rights, social justice and, in addition, the law and politics which cover these areas. It is believed that this use constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed to visitors of this “HCV New Drugs Blog” without profit to the blog or to those who by visiting this blog have expressed interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. The material in this site is provided for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended to be a substitute for a health care provider's consultation. Please consult your own appropriate health care provider about the applicability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your own symptoms or medical conditions. The information on this site does not constitute legal or technical advice
- New HCV Drugs
- Keeping current on the potential arrival of new improved hepatitis C drugs. As once a hepatitis C patient myself (I successfully treated the virus with standard HCV therapy in 2000) I understand the difficult decisions and overwhelming fear that ensues after being diagnosed with this serious and life-changing disease. This blog serves as a starting point for information on the rapidly evolving number of new agents in development to treat hepatitis C. Tina