Saturday, December 10, 2011

Weekend Reading-Hepatitis C Newsletters, Blogs and A Few Of My Favorite Things



From Hepcbc


HepC bull - December Newsletter

Canada’s Hepatitis C News Bulletin

Inside The December Issue

AASLD Highlights
Liver Cancer News
Hep C on the Internet / Recipe
Conferences
and more..


Hep C Challenge

Hepatitis C News @ Hep C Challenge

CAP Hepatitis C Literature Review

December 2011

Monthly Pubmed Review of the most relevant research on hepatitis C.


HCV ADVOCATE NEWSLETTER

The HCV Advocate newsletter is a valuable resource designed to provide the hepatitis C community with monthly updates on events, clinical research, and education


Blogs



AGA Journals Blog

The AGA Journals Blog is a forum for discussion of the latest discoveries in the fields of gastroenterology and hepatology. Each week we will comment on a new article from the AGA journals Gastroenterology and Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology.

NEJM Blog

Now@NEJM is a blog for physicians about NEJM articles — medical research, reviews, cases — and an educational resource for medical students and ...


GruntDoc

Write up at Forbes-Allen Roberts is a 40-year-old emergency room doctor in Texas, who works in a trauma center that sees about 65,000 patients each year. A U.S. Navy doctor, he was for four years deployed with the U.S. Marine Corps. This experience--as both a doctor and military man--lends an interesting color to his posts. Sometimes he can get off topic, and he's less interesting when he's less directly medical. "Blogging combines my interest in computers and medicine, and just venting my spleen," he says


EMCrit blog

Hi my name is Scott Weingart.
Any posts listed as authored by EMCrit are by me.
I am an ED Intensivist from New York City. I hold the degree of MD (Medical Doctor).
I went to medical school and did my emergency medicine residency at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine and then did a fellowship in trauma and surgical critical care at the Shock Trauma Center.



ZDoggMD

The ZBlogg contains doctors mashing medicine, music, and megalomania in an effort to educate and entertain. It is clinically proven to be slightly funnier than placebo. If you are allergic to wack rap parodies, absurd yet informative medical videos, or satirical healthcare news beatboxed by some aging medical school buddies, exit here now.
I am a husband. I am a father of three. I am an ER physician of 16 years. I am a son, a brother, an uncle, a cousin, a nephew, and a friend, always. I am an athlete. I am small-town. I live in a big town. I am from a large, forestry family. I miss my mother's voice. I enjoy life's simpler, mundane moments. I am humbled daily. I am privileged with many blessings in my life. I am a writer.


Doc Gurley

Doc Gurley is a Board-certified Internist physician and the only Harvard Medical School graduate to have been awarded a Shoney’s Ten-Step Pin for documented excellence in waitressing


Living With Hepatitis C

I contracted Hepatitis C while working as a registered nurse in a large, inner- city hospital. I am married with four grown children. My treatment was unsuccessful X 2. Life can be wonderful some days, and others pure hell. Hepatitis C, genotype 3a. Two rounds of pegylated interferon/Ribavirin; 24 weeks and 48 weeks. Responded to treatment but virus returned within 12 weeks (relapser).
Sweet Affliction

Hep C Treatment Blog
Andy Matthews’ Hep C Treatment Blog

Nov 28th Well, I hope you like the video we made of my wife giving me the Interferon shot. I don’t mean to scare anyone about the shot but some people (like me) don’t like shots and this is a real life issue for some. It really should be....
About This Site
So it begins…… Sweet Affliction is our blog about Hemophilia. Shall we say - the Hemophilia lifestyle. Much will be autobiographical in nature focusing on our experiences living with the disease. Read More...
You see, I am embarking on a tough journey in 2012: treating my chronic Hepatitis C infection. To do this, I am going to need all the physical, mental and spiritual fortitude I can muster. I'll need lots of support too.


The Blog of Dr. Joseph S. Galati



Discussions about the liver and everything else related to health and wellness.


Hepatitis Warrior

Sharing the Journey of Hepatitis C

Oct 14 2011 - Finished Hepatitis C Treatment!


"What goes around comes around"

Post Treatment
A month has passed since receiving the news I had for so long dreamed of hearing, " the hepatitis c virus is no longer detected in your blood ."


The Antics Of Larry The Liver

I am starting this blog to keep my family updated not only on my journey from PRE to POST transplant of Larry (my liver), but mainly to hopefully encourage anyone who will listen to first "LIVE LIFE, and then GIVE LIFE!"


Ian Quill: My World

I hope that what I write here may help others who battle daily with HCV and also for those who face, or have faced the 'highs & lows' of an Organ Transplant.


LiverSerum

Nov 28th- Laying in hosp waiting for a liver. Wish me good thoughts, prayers and wishes!


HCV/HBV ADVOCATE BLOG

Welcome to HCV Advocate’s hepatitis blog. The intent of this blog is to keep our website audience up-to-date on information about hepatitis and to answer some of our web site and training audience questions.
People are encouraged to submit questions and post comments.


The Hepatitis Comics:

Levity for the Liver Bile humor and hepatainment to tickle the liver

It takes a bit of gall to poke fun at hepatitis. As a nurse, I've seen the wreckage of liver disease and I revere the strength it takes to live with adversity. I have hep C, and I know it isn't exactly a picnic. However, I believe that when it comes to wellness, laughter is better than an apple a day.


Off Topic


A Few Of My Favorite Things

Best Flash Websites


Waterlife
Waterlife is a showcase for the documentary film of the same name that offers its audience a wonderful preview of the lush cinematography and rich storytelling found in the film. The true genius of the site, however, is found in its fluid navigation that recalls the gentle motion of a lake.
Website Design & Development

Days With My Father

Sad, Sweet, Sincere..........


Art

Artist Alexa Meade's Canvas Is the Human Body




No comments:

Post a Comment