Friday, March 30, 2012

Lucinda Porter, RN: Hepatitis C Information and Support Group with Book Signing


If you live around or near Redwood City, California then next month you're in for a treat. 

On April 19 from 7:00pm to 8:30pm, Lucinda Porter, RN., the author of Free from Hepatitis C: Your Complete Guide To Hepatitis C will be at the Hepatitis C Information and Support Group in Redwood City, CA discussing the disease.

 It dawns on me that my underdeveloped writing skills hinders my ability to articulate the importance Ms. Porter has had on million plus members of the hepatitis C community.

My gratitude and admiration for the author began over a decade ago after I was diagnosed with the disease. 

For me, Ms. Porter was a curator of hep c knowledge, scavenging the basement archives and organizing the catalog into accessible, easy to understand exhibits. Her early articles helped me negotiate my way through the initial confusion I felt after hearing those three life changing words "You have hepatitis C."  I highly doubt she will ever fully comprehend the impact she had during my decision process of if, or when, I should begin therapy.

As a patient Ms. Porter understands the paralyzing shock and fear experienced after being diagnosed. The next step is inevitable, moving forward searching for information to alleviate that fear. An education process made easier with the help of this accomplished and passionate author.

Please join Lucinda Porter, RN., for her book signing and an evening discussing hepatitis C, at Sequoia Hospital Health and Wellness Center, for more information call (650) 367-5998.

No comments:

Post a Comment