FDA Approval Of Hepatitis C Drugs For Kids Is Likely To Speed Treatment
The two drugs approved for pediatric use by the Food and Drug Administration, Harvoni and Sovaldi, have both been highly effective in treating adults with the disease, though Medicaid programs and private insurers often have balked at paying for the pricey drugs for adults.
"The short answer is that [Medicaid] will likely require coverage for all kids, regardless of whatever the coverage policies for adults may be," said Matt Salo, executive director of the National Association of Medicaid Directors.
- Newly Diagnosed
- All FDA Approved Drugs To Treat Hepatitis C
- 2017-HCV Genotypes/Treatment
- Epclusa® (Sofosbuvir/Velpatasvir)
- Harvoni® (Ledipasvir/Sofosbuvir)
- VIEKIRA XR/VIEKIRA Pak
- Not FDA Approved - Sofosbuvir/Velpatasvir/Voxilaprevir
- Not FDA Approved - Glecaprevir/Pibrentasvir (G/P)
- NOT FDA Approved - MK3 (MK-3682/grazoprevir/ruzasvir1)
- Cure - Achieving sustained virologic response (SVR) in hepatitis C
- Treating Elderly HCV Patients
- FibroScan® Understanding The Results
- Staging Cirrhosis
- Is There A Natural Way To Improve Liver Fibrosis?