Friday, August 29, 2014

TGIF - Hepatitis C Bloggers Corner

Hepatitis C: Bloggers Corner

Hello friends, its TGIF, finally the week comes to a close.

Today we have a lovely variety of articles written from a patients' perspective by bloggers devoted to helping people who are living with hepatitis C.  Thank you for continuing to keep us informed and full of hope.

Enjoy!

Solvitur Ambulando
By Rick Nash

It's Thursday, today. I had a routine MRI to check the state of my liver, the regenerative nodules, and if I have cancer. I just parked the car, and my phone rings. I answer the phone and put it on speaker. It was my doc again.
Continue reading...

Hepatitis C Is Curable
By Lucinda K. Porter, RN

Periodically, someone mistakenly tells me that hepatitis C is not curable. Most of the time, they are happy to learn that hepatitis C can be cured. However, some people just want to hang on to what they believe is true, even if it is wrong. There are still people who believe that the earth is flat and that a man never walked on the moon. There is no sense in arguing with people over beliefs.
Continue reading...

Hepatitis C and Your Future: Make Your Voice Loud and Clear
In my recent blog, The Latest Hepatitis C Recommendations: Who Decides Your Future?, I expressed my concern about the latest hepatitis C recommendations. For details, you can read my previous blog or the recommendations, but the short version is that patients with stage 1 or 0 fibrosis were assigned the lowest treatment priority.  Insurance companies, state Medicaid programs, and health maintenance organizations can use this to deny treatment to patients in early stages. To me, this is sort of like saying to someone who has stage 1 cancer, "Come back when you have stage 2--then we'll treat you."


Recovery from hep C treatment holds important questions and expectations. How long does recovery from hep C treatment take? Will I regain my life beyond recovery?

Continue reading....

Liver Cancer after Hepatitis C Treatment
By Karen Hoyt

Liver Cancer after Hepatitis C Treatment is not the norm, but it is a threat to those of us who have severe liver damage. Reading about Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC) and Hepatitis C can take your mind in a couple of different directions.
 Continue reading....

Fast Food Drive Thru with Low Sodium
By Karen Hoyt

It’s time to get smart about eating out! My life has been a blur of travel lately and there are times that I have to rely on the fast food drive thru. We have all heard the down side and nasty things said about fast food. But sometimes it is a reality that we are just going to be stuck in a situation where we are … driving thru!
Continue reading...

UPDATE—Patients First: The Right to Be Treated and Cured 

AASLD/IDSA recently released hepatitis C treatment guidelines that limit treatment of hepatitis C to those who are considered the most seriously ill. In this respect, people with debilitating fatigue are recommended as the “highest” in need of treatment along with those with advanced disease, other conditions or diseases in addition to having HCV, and HCV populations who are at high risk for transmitting HCV.

Continue reading.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment