Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hepatitis C Newsletter: November

Leyendo el periĆ³dico / Reading newspaper


From : Read the hepc.bull-online monthly newsletter (.pdf)
November 2010

In this months newsletter:

News / Allison Crowe

PEGETRON SHORTAGE:
CHECK WITH YOUR
PHARMACIST
Beware: A manufacturing defect affecting
Pegetron could cause infections at the injection
site, so the affected medication is being
recalled. There may be a shortage at your
pharmacy. Stopping therapy may be more
serious than an injection site infection.....

HCV & YOUR BRAIN
Unfortunately, HCV hasn’t been given
instructions to stay in the liver. It can take
up residence in other parts of our body…
like our brain cells. This has.....

Sanjiv’s Story – Updated September 2010
PART II

Brief Summary of Part I: Sanjiv is now 50
years old, married, with two children, and
has been through two heart bypass surgeries,
a contaminated transfusion in 1989,
and 5 years of HCV treatment. He was
diagnosed in 2005. His eloquent account of
those years is an emotional journey mirroring
the feelings of many of those who
are infected and their families. His courage
and determination are evident. We last
heard from him when he was in the middle
of his third attempt at HCV treatment. Here
is the continuation of his story:

[Editor: Part I of Sanjiv’s story was published
in the October 2008 edition of the
hepc.bull. You can find it by going to page
1 at http://hepcbc.ca/bulletin/2008/2008 -
10.pdf


Hep C on the Internet

Hep C & Me

I had no idea what I was
going to write about this
month, so I just plunked
myself here right now, in
front of the old laptop. And
here I am, and I have to say
that the only thing that
comes to mind is the almost
unbearable plight I have had since my hepatitis
C diagnosis. I have....

BEST OF THE UPCOMING FESTIVE SEASON TO ALL!
The holiday season gives us time to reflect on activities of the past year, savour our successes, and plan an even better future.
Along with our warmest wishes, we would like to share with you some of HepCBC’s many achievements and challenges,
and request .......

No comments:

Post a Comment