Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Off Topic: Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall
,m
Something to ponder folks, a Harvard-MIT student is working on a project that will allow people to sit in front of a laptop camera and have their vital signs -blood pressure, pulse and respiration checked.
,
The system has proven it can extract an accurate pulse, using a low-resolution webcam imagery. The system works manually or by attaching sensors to the body, he is now working towards measuring respiration and blood-oxygen levels.
,
Quote from the article : "Such a system could also be built into a bathroom mirror so that patients who need ongoing monitoring, or just people who want to keep track of their own health, could get pulse, respiration, oxygen saturation and blood-pressure readings routinely while they brush their teeth or wash up, displayed in a corner of the mirror"
,
Full Article
n
Dont Miss This Video
b

.
For All Those Mothers Out There:
.
I just had to come back and add this little diddy.
While I was raising my children I aways hoped for a bumper sticker that read :
" My child is an honor roll student".
.
I waited for my bumper sticker and the kids never turned one over. All three children went to college for years, and never finished. My youngest is now back in school.
.
This adorable genius in the video looks , what ? twelve ? and he has put together this medical, useful, incredible device.
.
His mother must be so proud, and I bet she has a bumper sticker printed in gold.
.
Such is life.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment